The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Really. I thought decisions like this were going to be given the benefit of the doubt.

One's given one isn't.

I'm struggling to see the difference.

Mike Dean explains

"It's too close to call otherwise and so the advantage is given to the attacker, as it was with Rashford at Old Trafford on Monday evening. Overall, the Premier League has benefitted from this approach as it means there are more goals in gamesspacer.png

Edited by imavillan
link and quote added

53 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Really. I thought decisions like this were going to be given the benefit of the doubt.

One's given one isn't.

I'm struggling to see the difference.

Mike Dean explains

"It's too close to call otherwise and so the advantage is given to the attacker, as it was with Rashford at Old Trafford on Monday evening. Overall, the Premier League has benefitted from this approach as it means there are more goals in gamesspacer.png

Its good he has explained it but obviously has to be the same way all the time

Not sure if Mike Dean was the VAR in that game tonight but its interpretation of the rule

Its a problem in football one referee has one opinion than another which is really not supposed to happen

46 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

No review (of course)

I still don't full understand VAR then... 

In my mind it was reviewed, everything is reviewed, it just wasn't flagged to the pitch side ref to take a closer look, the VAR saw nothing wrong with it

That's how it's used by FIFA, they watch and review everything 

lmao at the Chelsea fans choosing to "celebrate" the VAR decision because they "finally" got one in their favour "for a change". How can they possibly think they're hard done by?

Things are never going improve if fans (a) continue to be this selective and (b) persist in this mentality of a thing being fine as long as (or as soon as) it favours their club.

No way the linesman flagged because he thought JJ touched on the ball from Ollie, when it was a 50/50 challenge between him and the city player and the ball didnt change direction.

He thought Coutinho was offside from the initial pass, he was wrong, and instead of letting play go on as they've been doing, he flagged and the ref blew the whistle

Of course they will bullshit everyone and claim they flagged for a touch from JJ

• Like 1

Tough one this. Lino flagged for offside when shouldn't have as per rules---wait until phase is over. Ref chose to blow whistle when he could have ignored the lino. Ref errors, VAR couldn't do anything about this one.

If anyone is unsure if officials are corrupt, watch Untold on Netflix - Flagrant Foul. 

It's about a ref in the NBA who started betting on games. During it he says a new rule was introduced to stop a 'spin move' that was basically travelling. He called a foul on Michael Jordon for the move in his next game and got told by those above him 'Yes, we've introduced it but don't call it on him'. Unbelievable and I wouldn't be surprised if similar goes on with VAR etc... to benefit the top 6 because the FA, SKY etc... know that's their audience and what sells abroad. 

Tonight was a perfect example, awful officiating. 

• Like 1

Incompetent words removed. 

Its insanely tough in this league anyway against the 'big 6' but when they have extra help it stinks of corruption. 

Â