The Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Stevo985

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Agree, we were awful but that Var decision has been constructed to chalk the goal off for Villa.

We are powerless to do anything about it too, we cannot complain, we cannot comment. Hope SG comes out and names and shames the dodgy culprits for what they are.

When you watch Monday night football, on the graphics Neville is able to click on the screen and move a player to where he should have been, I bet that's what's going on here, has to be super close and can only be a minute adjustment but it's possible. Pgmol need investigating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

VAR is a sham, you simply don't have the information from a 2D image at an angle to make an accurate determination of whether someone is on or off. If you have to spend minutes scrutinising said image you go with the on-field decision.

10 minutes ago, will87 said:

If you have to spend minutes scrutinising said image you go with the on-field decision.

Doesn't work now they've told linesmen to stop putting their flag up.

It's just a complete mess.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Doesn't work now they've told linesmen to stop putting their flag up.

It's just a complete mess.

They haven’t. They’ve told linesmen to stop putting their flags up until the play is over. They still make a decision

i agree with @will87

review the footage by eye and if you can’t see for sure what’s right then stick with the on field decision. 

but you’d need better camera angles

• Like 2

Just now, El Zen said:

I still think they drew the line from the wrong place. It seems completely arbitrary, and they’re using it as definitive proof. It’s crap.

For the Newcastle defender? They drew it from the tip of his heel. The angle makes it look weird but as far as I can see they’ve done it from the right place 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They haven’t. They’ve told linesmen to stop putting their flags up until the play is over. They still make a decision

And sometimes they don't. This is the issue.

Put the flag up either way, let the ref decide whether to stop it there and then. Someone is gonna get seriously hurt one of these days by this stupid rule.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

but you’d need better camera angles

And better quality cameras so they not reviewing blurry shots at 10 FPS. But you know my views on that.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

For the Newcastle defender? They drew it from the tip of his heel. The angle makes it look weird but as far as I can see they’ve done it from the right place 

It looked to me like his heel was clearly inside the line. Looked like they drew it from his toes.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

And sometimes they don't. This is the issue.

Put the flag up either way, let the ref decide whether to stop it there and then. Someone is gonna get seriously hurt one of these days by this stupid rule.

They do put the flag up. After the play has finished. 

Otherwise plays that could lead to goals could be incorrectly stopped. 
The ref can’t decide to stop play for an offside, he’d be unable to tell if it’s right or not  

It’s the only way to do it if you’re going to use VAR for offsides 

• Like 1

They should be looking at the point it left Ramseys foot too as the ball was away from it when they freeze the play for the lines.

A close call like that can be minupulated to give whatever result pays the most money 💰 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

They didn’t 

Sure looked like it from the pictures, and from stills in the post match thread. Got any photos that show they got it right?

• Like 1

Â