Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How has Onomah kept his place? Surely time for Jack to get his chance again. 

Lansbury in makes sense and nice to have an attacker on the bench. 

I’d agree , I expect omanah to deliver today or be hauled off .

Grealish will be chomping at the bit 

Edited by Eastie

As I suspected, in the summer when Grealish got injured - the first thing Bruce said was that he was building the team around him and its a massive blow to his plans. I thought at the time it was a load of **** and Bruce was just getting his excuses in early (seeing as he used him sparingly last season). Now that hes got him fully fit, he'd rather play an underpeforming loanee from spurs. 

*This is not a dig at Onomah, as he's had some good games - but clearly out of form right now.

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

As I suspected, in the summer when Grealish got injured - the first thing Bruce said was that he was building the team around him and its a massive blow to his plans. I thought at the time it was a load of **** and Bruce was just getting his excuses in early (seeing as he used him sparingly last season). Now that hes got him fully fit, he'd rather play an underpeforming loanee from spurs. 

*This is not a dig at Onomah, as he's had some good games - but clearly out of form right now.

I think he is saving grealish for derby. Grealish will get his chance in next few weeks.  I am actually gald we have options now as grealish would always play even when he was shit. Now he has to do an adomah and take his opportunity when giving.

I think this is exactly what Grealish needs and i think we will save a lot better from.him now 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Awful last week, Lansbury had a much better impact, so can understand it. 

Grealish should be in over Onomah. 

It's only good to have Hourihane and Landsbury competing for the spot. Myself, I don't expect Landsbury to start many times, but we'll see. Fair for him to start today though!

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Are we all certain that Grealish is 100% fit and ready to start matches?

He didn't break a toe or anything - he had surgery for kidney damage...

I was scrolling down the page thinking exactly this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

It's only good to have Hourihane and Landsbury competing for the spot. Myself, I don't expect Landsbury to start many times, but we'll see. Fair for him to start today though!

Yes it really depends. Lansbury tends to be someone who will disappear for a few matches and then really turn it on one game. What he did against Leeds however was that he came on and really took the game by the scruff of the neck, something Hourihane has failed to do over the last few matches. Hourihane of late has at best been 'neat and tidy', we need someone with a bit more drive and cutting edge right now, hopefully Lansbury can do that and do it consistently.

I fancy Lansbury to score another today, I think he will be raring to go and will surely be up for Millwall, given he's a Londoner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes it really depends. Lansbury tends to be someone who will disappear for a few matches and then really turn it on one game. What he did against Leeds however was that he came on and really took the game by the scruff of the neck, something Hourihane has failed to do over the last few matches. Hourihane of late has at best been 'neat and tidy', we need someone with a bit more drive and cutting edge right now, hopefully Lansbury can do that and do it consistently.

I fancy Lansbury to score another today, I think he will be raring to go and will surely be up for Millwall, given he's a Londoner.

Yes, he does. Now that we have to win almost every game, we can hardly keep someone like that on the starting line-up though, which is my concern. But, he must have got confidence from his goal, so at best he gets on a bit of a run here. Fingers crossed.

Edit: is it "Yes, he is" or "Yes, he does"? Help!

Edited by AVTuco

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would like to see Grealish start but not really gonna cry about it as long as we keep winning. Onomah seems to rotate between shocker and stormer. Expect a big display today. 

Jack is not very consistent either, he also offers nothing when we don't have the ball