Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

Johnston

Hutton---Samba---Chester---Taylor

Snodgrass---Whelan---Hourihane---Adomah

Grealish

Davis

I think it has the potential to be quite an uncomfortable and competitive game. We will have to keep our concentration and composure.

I think Millwall will have had a look at our recent games and will try and get as many set-pieces as they can to try and punish us. So we'll have to be wise to that, no silly fouls and clear it out for throws rather than corners when we can.

If it is Davis up front, he's going to be in for a rough game and he has to thrive on that, bully the bullies, which he has done in the past. If he wins that crucial battle, the game will be a whole lot easier. If he gets plentiful amounts of support from those either side and behind him then the game will be more comfortable for us.

I would put Grealish in there from the start because I think they may be scared of him and if he can make the ball stick and carry it about a bit, he'll drag Millwall out of positions as they chase him down and that could create space for Grealish to play others in. Need a lot of energy and resilience from him though, straight from the off.

I'd keep Lansbury on the bench for this one for him to come on to give the game a lift. I liked the amount of energy he had in his appearance against Leeds with him topping it off with the equaliser. I'd like to see a similar performance in this game as I think we'll need a '90 minute performance crammed into a sub appearance' type performance and believe he's the man to do it. Also, having Lansbury on the bench could give us a few more options for substitutions.

I think it will be 1-0 to us for a large majority of the game where we played solidly against a robust Millwall and then, with the introduction of Lansbury off the bench, along with maybe Jedinak, the game will go up a gear, Millwall will tire and we'll finish the game.

4-0 Villa :flag:  

giphy.webp

• Like 1

On 07/12/2017 at 11:54, Demitri_C said:

I think Spurs will give him a chance as they rate him highly. Personally I dont think he is good enough for Spurs. The premier league is a lot tougher and that Spurs team, despite their recent struggles is bloody good. Cant see how he will be good enough for them when he is so inconsistent with us at a much lower level. 

Any Spurs fan I've spoken to really don't rate him at all.

A villa win today but I can't see it being comfortable.

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

For anybody interested my predictor which called the Leeds score spot on has us down for a 1-0 win. But there is also big a chance of 0-0. I'm personally going for a 2-0 win.

Here you go.

Snip20171209_1.png

Does that mean you don’t believe your own predictor? :P