Pre match chit chat

Demitri_C

On 12/3/2017 at 14:19, Rugeley Villa said:

Where's the meet up for a good old fashioned brawl? Wherever it is I will be there once it's all finished, approximately 7 hours after it's finished. 

Why? Was there any ‘incident’ before between the two clubs or is it just the reputation of some Millwall fans?

Just curious as I know little about history of English football.

Edited by Deisler123

1 hour ago, Deisler123 said:

Why? Was there any ‘incidence’ before between the two clubs or is it just the reputation of some Millwall fans?

I was pissing about. As you ask though, we did have a thing with them back in the 70s I believe. They got a hell of a beating at Villa park once, in revenge for the reception we got at their place one season. 

• Like 1

On 05/12/2017 at 09:25, Deisler123 said:

Why? Was there any ‘incident’ before between the two clubs or is it just the reputation of some Millwall fans?

They have a terrible reputation for hooliganism. 

• Like 1

On 05/12/2017 at 09:25, Deisler123 said:

There’s a English film called Green Street. Worth a watch. 

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Unless someone is injured I will be suprised if Bruce makes any changes. He only makes changes if we lose a game. 1 nil Villa, Chester to score. 

But we were loosing against Leeds until he actually made some changes. With all the talk about not changing a winning team on here and SB using that argument as well, both Lansbury and Grealish should be in the team on sat. Also, what signal does it send to the rest of the squad if the guys that came on and changed the results still cant get into the first team? Good chance to freshen up and give some lads a needed rest imo, lots of games coming up.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

But we were loosing against Leeds until he actually made some changes. With all the talk about not changing a winning team on here and SB using that argument as well, both Lansbury and Grealish should be in the team on sat. Also, what signal does it send to the rest of the squad if the guys that came on and changed the results still cant get into the first team? Good chance to freshen up and give some lads a needed rest imo, lots of games coming up.  

it‘s called Bruce-Ball

If we dont freshen things up it will eventually cost us points or more injuries/Burn out.

Millwall, who are apparently shit, is the perfect oppertunity to do this.

Yes, we have a week till the next game but a longer than normal resting period for the Brucian fav‘s will benefit the next period of games in quick succession.

Injuries through Fatigue or burn out should be avoided or put on hold as far back as possible, giving our crocked time to return and the possiblities of loans in january.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

it‘s called Bruce-Ball

If we dont freshen things up it will eventually cost us points or more injuries/Burn out.

Millwall, who are apparently shit, is the perfect oppertunity to do this.

Yes, we have a week till the next game but a longer than normal resting period for the Brucian fav‘s will benefit the next period of games in quick succession.

Injuries through Fatigue or burn out should be avoided or put on hold as far back as possible, giving our crocked time to return and the possiblities of loans in january.

Bruce does reward players that come on and do well, it's why Hutton is still in the team. I wouldn't be surprised to see both players start after their sub performance last week.

Feeling good about this one boys, love beating the Millwall!

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Onomah should be dropped for this one, makes an statement if you play shit he isnt afraid to mix it up. Onomah was borderline dreadful against Leeds 

Agree. Need to earn your place. 

I got a bad feeling about this game. Think we may draw. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Agree. Need to earn your place. 

I got a bad feeling about this game. Think we may draw. 

If we do then we may as well settle for play offs this is ganes we cant afford to drop points if we want automatic promotion.  I agree with what someone said earlier this week. Its good that millwall beat sheff united as we wint underestimate them now..

On 12/5/2017 at 09:25, Deisler123 said:

If you read the 'Villains' book about Villa hooligans back in the 70s/80s we had a bit of a rivalry with them off the pitch.

I'm sure something will kick off somewhere on Saturday but it will be isolated and minimal compared to the bad old days.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Onomah should be dropped for this one, makes an statement if you play shit he isnt afraid to mix it up. Onomah was borderline dreadful against Leeds 

you are being too kind. He was the worst player on the pitch. Not for the first time either. Probably just that inconsistency that a lot of young players have. Oddly enough its performances like that which will make it more likely that spurs will let him go to us permanently. I know a couple of Spurs fans who watched the Leeds game who were definitely very disappointed in what they saw (yes, I know fans opinions wont count for anything in this decision - just thought it was interesting) 

After On a mower's last shocker, he came back and had a blinder next game IIRC.  I wouldn't write him off yet.  Then again this is probably our best opportunity to rotate and rest before it goes mental over Xmas so I'd hope for a couple of changes.