The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Absolute bollocks. Should be changed to VAR only at the semi and final stage as not all clubs have it (ie when its at Wembley)

i don't think it should be here either. every game of every round or not at all

What’s the justification for that though? VAR isn’t giving anyone an advantage or disadvantage (in theory), it’s there to eradicate refereeing errors. Having that in place in one match doesn’t affect what’s going on in another.

Haven't checked but I'd venture that VAR was used in almost/every scum6 tie regardless of the opposition and especially if they were up against quality opposition. Need all the help they can get for the sake of the competition, the sponsors would hate a Norwich v Cambridge final.

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Haven't checked but I'd venture that VAR was used in almost/every scum6 tie regardless of the opposition and especially if they were up against quality opposition. Need all the help they can get for the sake of the competition, the sponsors would hate a Norwich v Cambridge final.

The cynic in me thought the same. Arsenal having already gone, the FA wouldnt want too many of the SL6 teams out early on as it would affect the foreign viewing figures. i would imagine for the FA their dream is Man Utd v Liverpool or Chelsea in the final now Arsenal are out.

• Like 1

said before if they want it then the answer is that the FA will have for it, or the EFL or the PL clubs will have to subsidise it

so its not going to happen

the league cup should do it and it should be paid for by the obscene money sloshing around at the top, goal line and VAR

18 minutes ago, NeilS said:

The cynic in me thought the same. Arsenal having already gone, the FA wouldnt want too many of the SL6 teams out early on as it would affect the foreign viewing figures. i would imagine for the FA their dream is Man Utd v Liverpool or Chelsea in the final now Arsenal are out.

Early on in the cup you would sometimes get 2 big teams drawing each other now it rarely happens

Chelsea always get a home tie vs League 1 team ir below 

Edited by Zatman

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lewis Baker made his 2nd appearance for Chelsea at the weekend, 8 years after his debut 😂

They are now releasing him on a free 

Bet he's a millionaire though! 

Moments.

”they had some good moments”, “we are in a difficult moment” etc etc.

The word is so overused now and whilst at first it was the foreign players and managers using it due to their limited / broken English capabilities it’s now seeped into British folks using it.

I hate it, probably the only one who’s bothered by this I appreciate.

14 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

We should call off our game today till Coutihno is up to speed.

Imagine Norwich trying to get this called off.

It's past a joke now. Everything awful about the game revolves around a few clubs.

Norwich tried to get our game called off and were missing more players than Arsenal but still had to play

The Arsenal game being called off is a disgrace.

Its just another straw on the back of the proverbial camel for me. Every month something happens that makes me lose a bit more love for the game.

As there is now so much money sloshing around in football, it would be naive to think it isn't now corrupted. You've seen it in F1, and in Boxing. Money and corruption goes hand in hand. 

• Like 1

Yeah...

It's long read in the link

FIFA boss Infantino now lives in Qatar!
SonntagsBlick research shows: Gianni Infantino has moved the center of his life to the host country of the 2022 World Cup. The FIFA boss has rented a house in Doha and sent two of his daughters to school in the emirate.

Infantino and the Islamic Gulf monarchy - that's a love that goes far beyond football. So far that the Fifa boss has now moved his center of life to Qatar. SonntagsBlick research shows that Infantino has been living mainly in Doha since October. There he rented a house for himself and his family. Two of his four daughters go to school in the emirate.

Everything was denied in March

Rumors of Infantino's impending move to Qatar have been smoldering for some time. Fifa had always denied it. As recently as last March, world football's governing body vehemently denied Blick that a move from Switzerland was planned.

Sunday view stayed tuned. And now came across new details about the life of the Infantinos in Qatar, including pictures that prove that the family is now based in Doha. Out of respect for privacy, the editors refrain from publishing the recordings.

Confronted with the research and after several phone calls back and forth, Fifa admits that Gianni Infantino has rented a house in Doha and that his family is now living there..

https://www.blick.ch/schweiz/heimlicher-umzug-fifa-chef-infantino-wohnt-jetzt-in-katar-id17149816.html

• Like 1

Said this is the Qatar thread, take away the brown paper envelope under the table type corruption and imagine what is actually allowed by fifa under their rules and then what will happen in Qatar 

What do you think infantinos company credit card statement looks like at the end of each month? And then who else is wining and dining him on a daily basis in the build up to the world cup

There was a stink in Brazil because the FA delegates were each given a $12,000 watch from a sponsor and it broke the $10,000 gift threshold... Imagine what they're going to be given and treated to that comes below that freshold that they class as above board 

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Why is the Spanish Super Cup being played in Saudi? Sickening sportswashing 

France play theirs abroad too, was tel aviv this year

italy did for a while too, im sure spain talked about sticking it in new york at one point

the FA wont because wembley is as big a cash cow as anywhere else

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Why is the Spanish Super Cup being played in Saudi? Sickening sportswashing 

A lot of countries play the Super Cup abroad 

Think Saudi actually bought it for last year but they weren't allowed to travel 

Just now, villa4europe said:

France play theirs abroad too, was tel aviv this year

italy did for a while too, im sure spain talked about sticking it in new york at one point

the FA wont because wembley is as big a cash cow as anywhere else

Italy played it in Libya once when Gaddafi was still in power 😂

• Haha 3

Â