The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

He needs to sort himself out if he's coming here. I think he might be trying to block any interest by pulling stunts like this, what a Man wears is up to the man but blind me that's bad.

It’s bad of course, but I bet that outfit probably cost about £10k too. Shakes head.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s bad of course, but I bet that outfit probably cost about £10k too. Shakes head.

It looks likes he's at work, overalls and he's job it stamping on Easter eggs. He's an idiot, don't get me started on the hair.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i think its fairly well documented that American sports supporter chants are a bit.....basic.

I have seen a few vids of Americans watching/listening to English football noise and chants, and being quite surprised in relation to ...... "we dont do anything like that here".

I could be wrong tho ofc.

It is a bit basic. Sometimes a set of fans picks something up and it get going for a bit and it happens more often now than before Id say. St Louis Blues fans sing "Country Roads" in unison when they win.

Canucks fans do like in the video as a kind of tribute to new coach Bruce Bodreau.

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Abramovich has allegedly brought the Turkish club Goztepe

Had a look at them, they've denied it, they're sat in the relegation zone so that could be funny 

Whilst looking, the guys at football had mentioned that the league was a weird one this year and that galatasaray were doing shit, they're 13th, besiktas are 8th, fenerbahce 3rd, erdoguns team in 5th, trabzonpsor will win it with konyaspor in 2nd

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

UEFA were always the villains 

I think it's great news. I can't wait for Preston or Sunderland Vs Real Madrid in the Champions League! 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It won’t stop time wasting - what a stupid, stupid idea 

Here's an absolute genius way to fix it.  Keep the game at 90 minutes, and if someone is time wasting. Stop the clock!

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It won’t stop time wasting - what a stupid, stupid idea 

Long term plan is to USA the game into 3 periods or 4 quarters with as many power breaks and commercials as possible

1 hour ago, sne said:

Long term plan is to USA the game into 3 periods or 4 quarters with as many power breaks and commercials as possible

Watch players kick the ball out for a super helpful timeout as we hear from our sponsors Monster - keeping you fuelled this Premier League power play 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Fan of this to be honest - it's how it should be done.

No, it should not! No stopping the clock bollocks.

There is a reason there is a MINIMUM of (let's say) 4 minutes added time, 4 minutes should be played and additional time added for time wasting. So 4 minutes could become 6 or 7 if players are taking the piss with 30 second throw ins.

Why do most refs not adhere to the MINIMUM added time rule?

Players should also be punished for time wasting. A few yellow cards and the problem will miraculously fix itself.

15 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

There is a reason there is a MINIMUM of (let's say) 4 minutes added time, 4 minutes should be played and additional time added for time wasting. So 4 minutes could become 6 or 7 if players are taking the piss with 30 second throw ins.

Players should also be punished for time wasting. A few yellow cards and the problem will miraculously fix itself.

Yeah the way added time is handled is absolutely nonsensical. Minimum time to be added, 3 minutes. 2 substitutions and 3 45 second goal kicks later, the ref blows up at 93:05. Every bloody time.

Let teams time waste, but add it all back on plus 50%

*EDIT*

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about legit, ball-in-play time wasting, that's part of the game and perfectly okay

Edited by og1874
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Not that we'd have scored anyway but the clock should have gone to at least 97 on Saturday.  Barely a ball was kicked in the official 4 minutes added on.

• Like 2

I actually like US sports, but they’re a guilty pleasure, a sometimes needed break from football. Football should in absolutely no way adopt anything from US sports. That would be a disaster. 

45 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

You're complaining about the solution to the problem you're complaining about.

Stopping the clock immediately and simply eradicates any point of time wasting. The worst you'll see is keeping the ball in the corner, which is obviously part of the game.

No more goalkeepers constantly pushing the limits at goal kicks, pointless substitutions with 10 seconds left, players getting brushed and staying on the ground for minutes. I don't see the issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

No more goalkeepers constantly pushing the limits at goal kicks

In the interest of balance, we’ve got the worst keeper in the league for time wasting. I’ve seen Emi regularly hold onto the ball for 30-60 seconds, or take upwards of a minute on a goal kick.

Bloody hate seeing it too, to be honest.

• Like 1

Â