Merged - Next England Manager/Chalice/Capello

TrentVilla

Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?

• Martin O'Neil
    • Mark Hughes
    • Jose Mouriniho
    • Fabio Capello
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Arsene Wenger
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Terry Venables
    • Sam Allerdyce

I don't think Mark Hughes would be a good appointment.

He's unproven. He's achieved good things at Blackburn but has never managed at the top level.

England are at the point right now where we NEED success. And after McClaren we need a manager that everyone has confidence in bringing that success. The only way to get that straight away and have them playing with belief is to appoint someone with a track record.

Lippi and Capello have honours coming out of their arses.

Wenger and Mourinho have proved they are top class managers with domestic titles and Champions League.

Hughes and O'Neill... haven't really achieved anything huge. They've done well with the squads they have been given... but until they have impressed on a continental stage I don't think they will command the instant respect required.

Is Brian Barwick related to Jabba the Hut

He really is an odious clearing in the woods of the highest order, coudlnt bear to be in the spotlight at the press conference and got all his mates to jump in on his behalf.

How much has that **** idiot cost the FA

I don't think Mark Hughes would be a good appointment.

He's unproven. He's achieved good things at Blackburn but has never managed at the top level.

England are at the point right now where we NEED success. And after McClaren we need a manager that everyone has confidence in bringing that success. The only way to get that straight away and have them playing with belief is to appoint someone with a track record.

Lippi and Capello have honours coming out of their arses.

Wenger and Mourinho have proved they are top class managers with domestic titles and Champions League.

Hughes and O'Neill... haven't really achieved anything huge. They've done well with the squads they have been given... but until they have impressed on a continental stage I don't think they will command the instant respect required.

Look at the clubs and budgets Mourinho, Wenger, Capello and Lippi have achieved this success with though. Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, Real Madrid. Mark Hughes has managed Blackburn and Wales and O'Neill has managed Leicester, Celtic and us. You can only do as well as the resources you are given and they have achieved what you could call success relative to that. Until O'Neill and Hughes are given the chance to equal the afore mentioned managers on a level playing field (resource & club wise) then I don't think it's fair to compare their achievements.

Well I've put a bet on Big Sam at 16s. Why do people think he is a bad manager all of a sudden? He took bolton a poor side and made them a decent side, consistantly. He is just what England needs...a big bloody shake-up!

i'll add Louis Van Gaal currently at AZ Alkmaar - he's managed to turn a team of average players into decent european performers and he takes no shit off press OR (more importantly) his players.

He's a bit old fashioned in his approach (definately a tea cup abuser) but he's made AZ into a good team with very little resources.

But from the thread list - Capello or Mourinho would be great!

No Allardyce or Hughes for me

I hate to admit it though but MON would be the ideal choice but I think he's pretty settled here and likes the support he gets from the club, press and fans

I don't know why anyone would want this job. The media has made it impossible, and the players and fans don't exactly help out either.

Unless you win every game with flair and aplomb by three clear goals the press crucify you and ruin your career and life.

It's a graveyard. Fer fecks sakes don't do it Martin. Think of Ulster!

Shearer

Would be very funny, he hates us, most of us Villa fans hate him.

Perfect appointment.

BUT the thing is, it matters not a jot to me who is appointed as the players are simply not good enough.

Nonsense. Greece won Euro 2004 with an awful team, because they had a manager who got the best out of them, thats all we need.

Shearer

Would be very funny, he hates us, most of us Villa fans hate him.

Perfect appointment.

BUT the thing is, it matters not a jot to me who is appointed as the players are simply not good enough.

Nonsense. Greece won Euro 2004 with an awful team, because they had a manager who got the best out of them, thats all we need.

Well that and all the teams with the good players and good managers to have an off day like they did in Euro 2004.

The FA should go for Mourinho.

At least then it doesn't upset the momentum of one of the few Premiership clubs who actually bother their ARSES signing English players. O'Neill and Villa deserve to be left alone. The next Premiership manager will benefit from O'Neill's approach at Villa.

I think the Redknapp thing makes sense. From his point of view he is at the age where this is realistically his last chance to land the job, and his stock is high enough at Pompey to justify his selection. He also 'knows' the Premiership well - something the likes of Scolari and Capello don't know. From the FA's point of view he might be a bit risky though as he's not exactly pro-establishment and does seem to flourish in the wheeling & dealing aspect of club football that he wouldn't be able to do with an international team.

Â