Merged - Next England Manager/Chalice/Capello

TrentVilla

Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?

• Martin O'Neil
    • Mark Hughes
    • Jose Mouriniho
    • Fabio Capello
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Arsene Wenger
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Terry Venables
    • Sam Allerdyce

Even if McClown hasn't got the honour to walk it seems inevitable with an FA board meeting this morning that he will soon leave his post. So who is next?

None of us want to see MON go (well some might actually) but try and forget Villa for a moment and answer this one. Who do you think is the right man for the job?

Jose has my vote.

I'd be surprised by Mourinho - he's said how much he hates the English media, so we can pretty much thank them for blowing him considering it.

It's going to be Martin O'Neill, he's the favourite with the bookies, so there's probably something behind that - and I don't fully believe he went to meet Randy just for "Villa talks"

I'd be surprised by Mourinho - he's said how much he hates the English media, so we can pretty much thank them for blowing him considering it.

It's going to be Martin O'Neill, he's the favourite with the bookies, so there's probably something behind that - and I don't fully believe he went to meet Randy just for "Villa talks"

When MON left Chelsea he did an impromptu interview with the media/press and he was relaxed and stated time and time again how much he enjoyed the English press and the games they played on each other.

He would be perfect.

I'm going to be a stick-in-the-mud here, and declare that England should be managed by an Englishman - which rules out all the above except Allardyce (and I wouldn't want him in).

So, I don't know. At the moment, I don't particularly care, to be honest.

There are only really 5 managers who fill the criteria on that list due to time restrictions.

Terry Venables - rubbish, not gonna happen

Lippi or Capello - possibly

Big Sam - could be tempted to get out of his Newcastle insecurity.

Hilarious Harry - could be good, could be bad.....unsure

I think most other managers on this list are too tied up, with the FA unwilling to let a manager share club and country.

If England fans want to win something Fergie is the only man to do it.

Â