Merged - Next England Manager/Chalice/Capello

TrentVilla

Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?

• Martin O'Neil
    • Mark Hughes
    • Jose Mouriniho
    • Fabio Capello
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Arsene Wenger
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Terry Venables
    • Sam Allerdyce

McClarens England beat them 4-0!

the same greece that beat france, czech republic and the hots twice? :?

no one can say anything aaginst greece they were underdpgs and beat big teams not crappy little ones. greece dont ahve to prove anything again as what they acheived is highly unlikely to be done again!

my mate put a pound on them and won £100 last time!

I think the Redknapp thing makes sense. From his point of view he is at the age where this is realistically his last chance to land the job, and his stock is high enough at Pompey to justify his selection. He also 'knows' the Premiership well - something the likes of Scolari and Capello don't know. From the FA's point of view he might be a bit risky though as he's not exactly pro-establishment and does seem to flourish in the wheeling & dealing aspect of club football that he wouldn't be able to do with an international team.

and "arry" has won what exactly.

Ah yes thats right less than the previous manager who couldnt get us to next years finals.

Brilliant just the job then

Former Real Madrid boss Fabio Capello has admitted he would welcome the challenge of coaching England.

Capello, who was sacked by Madrid despite leading the Spanish giants to the Primera Liga crown earlier this year, would be interested in succeeding Steve McClaren, who was dismissed on Thursday after England's failure to qualify for Euro 2008.

While commentating during Wednesday's qualifying game between Italy and the Faroe Islands for Italian TV channel Rai, Capello said: "Me to coach England? It would be a challenge, a beautiful test to overcome and I would have the right age."

The 61-year-old, who has also enjoyed successful spells at AC Milan, Juventus and Roma, was recently linked with a move to Tottenham in England's Premier League but Spurs appointed Spanish coach Juande Ramos instead.

Capello interested

I hope it's true.

It's actually surprising how many top quality managers will actually be available to the FA 'on the cheap' though. Which seems to be the way they like to go.

Jose Mourinho - no club contract.

Fabio Capello - no club contract.

Paul Jewell - no club contract.

Martin O'Neill - short term club contract.

Terry Venebles - current England #2.

Marcello Lippi - erm.. no sure actually.. no club contract?..

It's been a while since managers of that quality were actually available.

It's actually surprising how many top quality managers will actually be available to the FA 'on the cheap' though. Which seems to be the way they like to go.

Terry Venebles - current England #2.

Not anymore, he got the chop as well.

OK. Venebles bad example. But you know what I mean.

If you look at the situation when Sven was sacked, there were very few managers of real quality available, which is largely why we ended up with McClaren.

This time around they have some really good options, should any of them want to take the job. So there are really no excuses this time around.

Â