Merged - Next England Manager/Chalice/Capello

TrentVilla

Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?

• Martin O'Neil
    • Mark Hughes
    • Jose Mouriniho
    • Fabio Capello
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Arsene Wenger
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Terry Venables
    • Sam Allerdyce

who has picked o'neill??? i thought this was a villa board!!!

Special one for me

See the first post on the thread and the question on the poll. It is a Villa board and nobody wants him to go but I asked who people think is the right person for the job if thats MON its MON.

Everyone is talking about O'Neil in the media.....

Hmmmmm......I don't like it......not one bit....

Job share????

We might be looking for a new manager and I couldn't criticise Marty for going, its too big a job.

I wouldn't mind Jol coming our way if the worst/best case scenario happens! (best for England)

At least Jol knows a good player and a good English player when he sees one.

Shearer

:lol:

People have been saying Shearer and Pearce but all i have to say is hell no! Its abundantly clear that there is no English coach good enough so get one of the many world class foreign coaches in that are currently available.

Redknapp can get players motivated for one off games, which all England games are, but would be seen as too dodgy.

Scolari turned it down, so should not be considered.

The FA turned MON down, so if he is the man that we think he is, he would not consider any new approach. (plus the fact that he has the best job in the world!)

Capello or Lippi would not suffer from the club bias of any of the other candidates, so either would be my choice.

Mourinho for me. But I don't think he'd be keen to take the job.

Capello is much more likely, and would also be an excellent appointment.

You need a manager who would instantly command the respect of the players. From that list the only managers I think capable of that are Lippi, Capello, O'Neill, Mourinho and Wenger.

You need a manager who would instantly command the respect of the players. From that list the only managers I think capable of that are Lippi, Capello, O'Neill, Mourinho and Wenger.

I think you could add Mark Hughes to that list. Whether he'd be interested is another matter.

Â