Merged - Next England Manager/Chalice/Capello

TrentVilla

Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Forgetting our bias who do you think the FA should appoint?

• Martin O'Neil
    • Mark Hughes
    • Jose Mouriniho
    • Fabio Capello
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Arsene Wenger
    • Harry Redknapp
    • Terry Venables
    • Sam Allerdyce

Mourinho was very negative tactically at Chelsea - I couldnt imagine him suddenly bringing attacking, flair filled football to England?

No one would care if England actually won something.

Capello for me or Jose if either of them want it. They're winners which McClown isn't so that would be a good start.

Quite frankly, when a manager of the calibre of Fabio Capello makes it known he wants a job such as the England job AND is available, the FA should be doing cartwheels and jumping through hoops and ON THE NEXT **** PLANE TO ITALY to get him.

But they won't of course. Barwick will want one man, Richards another and so on til Capello gets another job which in turn leads to taking yet another team to a title.

And here we go:

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho does not want to succeed Steve McClaren as England manager, BBC Sport understands.

Mourinho, 44, has been out of football since leaving Stamford Bridge in September but is believed to be waiting for a club rather than a national post.

Click

And here we go:

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho does not want to succeed Steve McClaren as England manager, BBC Sport understands.

Mourinho, 44, has been out of football since leaving Stamford Bridge in September but is believed to be waiting for a club rather than a national post.

Click

Right then, MON for England Mourinho for Villa. Sorry MON, but I'd actually be quite happy by that outcome.

I don't think Mourinho will take it. The FA should really have no hesitations about getting on the blower to Capello.

the fact that they havent yet, despite his public interest, proves what **** idiots they are....

It's been like 10 hours since they sacked McClaren, I think it's a bit harsh to call them "**** idiots" because they haven't called Capello straight away, christ

I voted for MON. Obviously I'd hate him to leave us, but if I wasn't a villa fan I'd be wishing the FA got O'Neill to boss the country.

I don't think it will happen though and my honest opinion is whoever they bloody appoint it's gonna be a disappointment to a lot of people because everyone is so split on who they want.

Personally, I think an UNenglish manager would be idea as they would be less pressured by the English media. Mclaren was so bad because most of the time he let the media pick his team, and only stopped listening to the media when the media realised they were wrong!

I think someone like Scolari would be perfect. Whoever it is needs to not give a flying **** what anyone thinks and have two things that mclaren didn't have, bollocks!

I don't think Mourinho will take it. The FA should really have no hesitations about getting on the blower to Capello.

the fact that they havent yet, despite his public interest, proves what **** idiots they are....

It's been like 10 hours since they sacked McClaren, I think it's a bit harsh to call them "**** idiots" because they haven't called Capello straight away, christ

whats not to sort out?

ring him, and offer him the job....

its a 10 minute job...

I'd like to see Harry Redknapp given the job.

Taken Pompey from being a mid-table Championship outfit (Then Division One), to an established Premiership side challenging for europe. Constructed a tidy squad along the way. And although it doesn't really matter that much, but he's English aswell, i reckon he's the kind of manager players would want to play for, and someone that could bring back the passion, show them prima donnas what it means to represent your country..

But does Capello really play negative football? That Milan team that won serie A with Gullit, Rijkard and Van Bastern played some awesome attacking football. He plays similar style football to Mourinho as far as I can see. And I agree with others, I rate him higher than Mourinho.

He wants it, Barwick should be in Italy now on bended knees to get such a man in charge. Instead they'll dither quake in their boots til someone else offers the right man the job. They could've had Hiddink or Scholari instead of the Chipmonk but dithered and look where it got them.

So Arkright, get off your fat scouse arse, get on the blower to Italy and give that man the job.

I'd like to see Harry Redknapp given the job.

Taken Pompey from being a mid-table Championship outfit (Then Division One), to an established Premiership side challenging for europe. Constructed a tidy squad along the way. And although it doesn't really matter that much, but he's English aswell, i reckon he's the kind of manager players would want to play for, and someone that could bring back the passion, show them prima donnas what it means to represent your country..

The problem with 'Arry, as has been highlighted elsewhere, is one of his major strengths is wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and making stars out of relatively unknown foreigners. He won't have either of those opportunities with the England team.

He also doesn't have top managerial experience, which could go against him, but Van Basten and Klinsmann have proven it's not an absolute requirement. In saying this however, I think our gambling days are over, at least for the time being. We (and the FA) cannot afford to take anybody else on other than someone with a proven track record at the highest level in our current situation. I think if they hired Redknapp (or anybody with a similar track record) the backlash from failure would be even more immense next time if it all went pear shaped, and you would probably see some resignations. Barwick and Co. simply cannot take the risk if they have any desire to keep their jobs.

Â