NBA

maqroll

So the All-Star game finished with a  211-186 win for team who gives a **** against team why even bother.

Just cancel this pathetic spectacle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

So the All-Star game finished with a  211-186 win for team who gives a **** against team why even bother.

Just cancel this pathetic spectacle.

It's like the pro bowl, they can't cancel it because of the TV ratings it gets.

Hornets are hiring 35 y.o Jeff Peterson as their new Head of Basketball Ops. 35 is insanely young but he sounds like a very interesting choice. Needless to say I hope one of his first actions is to identify a replacement for coach Cliff.

This was fun.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, sne said:

Hornets are hiring 35 y.o Jeff Peterson as their new Head of Basketball Ops. 35 is insanely young but he sounds like a very interesting choice. Needless to say I hope one of his first actions is to identify a replacement for coach Cliff.

This was fun.

Please keep this up. We've still got to play you three times.

Gonna be interesting to see where we end up. I thought we'd be on for the play-in start of the season, but right now we are only 1 game back on 4th and have by far the easiest remaining schedule in the league. Getting homecourt first round would be incredible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Please keep this up. We've still got to play you three times.

Gonna be interesting to see where we end up. I thought we'd be on for the play-in start of the season, but right now we are only 1 game back on 4th and have by far the easiest remaining schedule in the league. Getting homecourt first round would be incredible.

Far as I'm concerned every win this season from now on is a loss. I want us to get as high a draft pick as possible and winning now is just empty calories. US sport is weird in that regard. 

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Far as I'm concerned every win this season from now on is a loss. I want us to get as high a draft pick as possible and winning now is just empty calories. US sport is weird in that regard. 

Yeah that's fair. What are the prospects looking like this year? Unlike last few years I've paid them zero attention this year.

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Yeah that's fair. What are the prospects looking like this year? Unlike last few years I've paid them zero attention this year.

I only have the faintest clues about them tbh, watch zero college ball or Ignite. I think  Nikola Topic looks really interesting but he's been injured a bit. We already have 2 Serbs in the squad now and Micic might be a fantastic mentor for him. Not sure he is what we need thou and apparently he's a bit weak defending. If Melo has rice paper ankles next season too he would play thou.

We might need a big depending on if Mark Williams has permanent back issues and Alex Sarr looks great. He'll likely go first from what I read so we need a huge amount of luck to get him.

Honestly I've only read the odd article and watched some clips on Youtube so got no insight.

On 01/03/2024 at 23:50, tomsky_11 said:

I hear it isn't supposed to be a good draft crop or a deep draft crop. I'm sure there will be some talent in there somewhere surely...

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

I hear it isn't supposed to be a good draft crop or a deep draft crop. I'm sure there will be some talent in there somewhere surely...

Good year to start not caring about it then :D Tbf I think we have enough in the way of young prospects now, need to the summer to add quality, experience and shooting.

Our next 8 games looking nice: @Hornets @Wizards @Knicks Pacers Nets @Raptors Raptors Hornets. Something has gone wrong if we are not 4th in two weeks time. Especially with Knicks and Sixers playing each other twice.

• 4 weeks later...

Some absurdly good 3-point shooting from Denver tonight against Cleveland. 21 out of 33 and 63.6% as a team. Jokic finished on 26 points, 18 rebounds and 16 assists. Solid triple-double.

• Like 1

Utterly moronic win by Charlotte against the Magic. No idea what it is with my teams in American sports but they all fail to grasp how the system works. Just tank ffs! Not my teams, Calgary Flames, The Vikings and Charlotte all fighting as hard as possible to get a bad draft spot thanks to pointless wins despite being absolutely useless with nothing to gain from it.

Bridges & Miller playing 40 mins per game while other teams are emptying their benches. Clifford is a moron (thankfully gone for next season) who loves empty calories wins.

Good thing Portland and San Antonio also won won.

On 06/04/2024 at 07:30, sne said:

Utterly moronic win by Charlotte against the Magic. No idea what it is with my teams in American sports but they all fail to grasp how the system works. Just tank ffs! Not my teams, Calgary Flames, The Vikings and Charlotte all fighting as hard as possible to get a bad draft spot thanks to pointless wins despite being absolutely useless with nothing to gain from it.

Bridges & Miller playing 40 mins per game while other teams are emptying their benches. Clifford is a moron (thankfully gone for next season) who loves empty calories wins.

Good thing Portland and San Antonio also won won.

Yeah, tank ffs! 🤣 You guys just got hot that night, everything just dropped for you, especially in that first quarter. Just hope that doesn't cost us because play-in is still a very small possibility and we'd have been clear of that now had we beat you.

Huge finish for us though if we can get some wins in these last four games. We play the 2nd place and in bad form Bucks twice still so those could be the decider for 2nd seed.

• Like 1

Lakers beat N.O Pelicans 110-106 in the play in game. Didn't watch the game but Lakers got 29 free throws (and made 26) while the Pelicans got only 15 (and made 11). Maybe that was all fine but I get why people hate LeBron and the Lakers. 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 14:21, sne said:

Lakers beat N.O Pelicans 110-106 in the play in game. Didn't watch the game but Lakers got 29 free throws (and made 26) while the Pelicans got only 15 (and made 11). Maybe that was all fine but I get why people hate LeBron and the Lakers. 

The Lakers get a ridiculous amount of free throws compared to everyone else. Partly because they attack the rim and don't shoot a lot of threes. They also get a ridiculous amount of star calls.

• Like 1

Â