NBA

maqroll

Hornets with a franchise record loss of 135-82 against the 76ers. The squad is just comically badly put together by years of poor drafting (with a few good exceptions in Miller, Ball and Williams) and a passive GM who just want's to retire. That said the injuries they are having (again) is just fantastic. This game it was:

Neither played. And then Rozier and Ish got their noses elbowed and had to leave the game not to come back. Miller also got clattered by Oubre and had to leave the game but he came back a while later.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, sne said:

27 straight losses for the Pistons. They are now the worst team in NBA history in that regard. 1 more and they also catch the 76ers who had 28 but over 2 seasons.

Just as the Lions win their first division title in 30 years. The joys of having Favre and Rodgers back to back in the division. :D Tough town to live in.

• Haha 1

On 27/12/2023 at 10:36, Tegis said:

Just as the Lions win their first division title in 30 years. The joys of having Favre and Rodgers back to back in the division. :D Tough town to live in.

You would be OK if a hockey fan when Lidström was playing.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2023 at 18:04, sne said:

The Pistons finally snap their losing streak. Hornets now with the worst in the league at 10 without a win.

Pfft. Amateurs 😝

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/01/2024 at 07:57, OutByEaster? said:

The Bucks really have gone to garbage - from a decent outside shout for the Championship to a team that don't look like they could beat the Spice Girls in the space of three weeks.

Sure they upgraded on the offensive end getting Lillard, but I'm not sure it's an overall net positive on the other end. They have bigger fish to fry, it will be all about how they can make it work in the playoffs.

• Like 1

On 21/01/2024 at 07:57, OutByEaster? said:

The Bucks really have gone to garbage - from a decent outside shout for the Championship to a team that don't look like they could beat the Spice Girls in the space of three weeks.

You saw the writing on the wall. Fired their coach despite being 2nd in the East. I mean, he did only beat my Pistons by 6 & 9 in his last two games so should be no surprise really 🤣😭

• Like 1

Luca Doncic with a respectable 73 points against Atlanta. Joint 4th highest on the all time list. Been some big games this season, Embiid had 70 a while back and Townes had 62.

Not looked at the detailed stats for the games but Embiid in particular is shooting a ridiculous amount of free throws this season (again). He's the Harry Kane of the NBA , expert at drawing fouls, and the refs seem to be falling for his flailing and shouting every time.

On 27/01/2024 at 09:59, sne said:

Luca Doncic with a respectable 73 points against Atlanta. Joint 4th highest on the all time list. Been some big games this season, Embiid had 70 a while back and Townes had 62.

Not looked at the detailed stats for the games but Embiid in particular is shooting a ridiculous amount of free throws this season (again). He's the Harry Kane of the NBA , expert at drawing fouls, and the refs seem to be falling for his flailing and shouting every time.

I swear the way the game is officiated has changed over the last 10 years.

They give way more fouls than ever, allow travelling constantly. it's hard to actually watch the sport these dayys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I swear the way the game is officiated has changed over the last 10 years.

They give way more fouls than ever, allow travelling constantly. it's hard to actually watch the sport these dayys.

I Was a huge NBA fan back in the day (the 90's) and then on and off since but I'm really struggling to get back into it. Main reason probably because Charlotte is a joke. The issues you raise are a big part of it thou. Feels more like an entertainment product than an actual sport and neither the players or commentators seem to care much during regular season at least. Commentators are yapping about what they ate earlier or that the taxi from the airport was late or whatever. The players are laughing it up on the bench even if they are losing and the stars are sitting out large parts of the seasons instead of competing.

As a non American I find the broadcasts insufferable with all the bleeped rap music and the zooming in on fans dancing in the stands during breaks. Team loyal commentators also doesn't help although some are better than others. Charlotte actually are OK at this.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

I Was a huge NBA fan back in the day (the 90's) and then on and off since but I'm really struggling to get back into it. Main reason probably because Charlotte is a joke. The issues you raise are a bit part of it thou. Feels more like an entertainment product than an actual sport and neither the players or commentators seem to care much during regular season at least. Commentators are yapping about what they ate earlier or that the taxi from the airport was late or whatever. The players are laughing it up on the bench even if they are losing and the stars are sitting out large parts of the seasons instead of competing.

As a non American I find the broadcasts insufferable with all the bleeped rap music and the zooming in on fans dancing in the stands during breaks. Team loyal commentators also doesn't help although some are better than others. Charlotte actually are OK at this.

Of the 4 major sports over there, NBA is definitely the one that takes itself least serious.

• Like 1

More good news. TBF he did very well on deadline day.

Now they just gotta find the right guy and have him bring in the right guy to replace Cliff.

Â