• Erik Black
    • Martin Jol
    • Anne Summers
    • Mr Meagee
    • Gerry Francis
    • Trevor Francis
    • Peter Reid
    • Greame Souness

I suugest you all take a gander over on the keeprighton forum it is unbeliveable. There is a thread saying what a good job Ellis has done and could he be about to put some of his cash into the Blues as he is a closet bluenose.

You really couldnt make it up

Just been on - what a truelly terrible site

Where's Nick? I have to ask the burning question -

Villa have a former Celtic manager, Blues have a former Rangers manager. As a Rangers fan how does that feel?

Doesn't bother me, why would it? If SHA had a fantastic player and we bought him, again it would bother me!

There's a few posts on 606 (BBC Sport forum) from disgruntled Scots who can't understand why he'd go 'so low' to a club like SHA and how they aren't a big club, not even the biggest club in Brum :lol:

Bad news that is - he is actually quite good!

Hev, why are you always so worried about small heath.

Shit rolls downhill and decomposes to leave a nasty mark. He got sacked from Rangers because they were doing poorly - and didn't make it to the Euro 2008 championships, losing at home to Italy (fair enough) and away to Georgia.

He is what we call, an 'also ran'.

I'm really unclear on Alex McLeish's career plan here.

1. Manage Rangers.

2. Manage Scotland, bringing them out of the wilderness and back into the respectable ranks of competitive international football.

3. Take out a rusty knife and commit ritual career suicide, bleeding all over the St. Andrews cross in the process, by taking the Sty job, apparently for the sole benefit of being able to list "Premier League manager" on his resume, if only for a six month span.

4. ???

5. Profit!

Have I got it right?

Ha.. so mcleish is the new farmer at the sty... all i can say is.. of all the clubs that man could have chosen and he landed up at dirty birmingham..

Oh well its about right, as he was always the 2nd best manager in glasgow aswell behind o'neil.. looks like history repeating itself again in birminham!!!

See you in april alex.

I listened to talkshite on the way home and they really ripped the piss out of Birmingham. Couldnt understand why the scotland manager would quit to go there. and how shite were they when there last manager quit to join Wigan.

Twas a fantastic 40min radio by their standards

I would say he is a consolidating manager for SHA. A good reputation for Rangers and Scotland and he may well get them playing more as a team. That said he has an uphill task, especially considering that whilst the takeover is in limbo, I can't see too much money being available for signings.

He is an improvement on Bruce I think but not by much.

According to news today McLeish has resigned from Scotland to take over at Birmingham and Martin O`Neill has tipped Alex McLeish to do well in the Premier League and to be a success at Birmingham...

O´Neill - Mac will be terrific

I agree with MON that McLeish probably can do very good at Birmingham. Sadly this is something I obviously dont like but put aside our rivalry I do think he is quite capable to do great work there...

Â