• Erik Black
    • Martin Jol
    • Anne Summers
    • Mr Meagee
    • Gerry Francis
    • Trevor Francis
    • Peter Reid
    • Greame Souness

It would be difficult under the current circumstances to do a good job but I think McLeish can keep them up, just.

What I would consider a good job for Blues would be to finish in 17th or above. If he can build a mid table side then I think he would have done a fantastic job. I think he can do that but alot depends on what happens with the clubs takeover. I don't think McLeish is a great manager as such but he will get them working hard and playing as a team. I would liken him to the Paul Jewells of this world.

He's an OK manager, but Martin O'Neill kept him firmly in the shadow when the pair of them were in Glasgow ...

Not strictly true. Martin won 3 Championships, McLeish won 2. Martin had a stable club, but McLeish had to sell most of his good players because Rangers were skint. He also did better in Europe than MON did. He's a very, very, good manager.

Thankfully it would take a lot more than a good manager to do anything with that Small Heath rabble, but McLeish deserves our respect.

I listened to talkshite on the way home and they really ripped the piss out of Birmingham. Couldnt understand why the scotland manager would quit to go there. and how shite were they when there last manager quit to join Wigan.

Twas a fantastic 40min radio by their standards

I listened as well, for once I agreed with Adrian Durham!! about how they were a crap club. Funny stuff.

i swear mon destroyed mccleish in terms of trophies and head to heads?

lets not forget the scottish league is a pile of shit so he couldnt really finish below 2nd could he? already the blosers are saying they will beat us in april..deluded fools

My brother-in-law is a big Celtic/Scotland fan, and I sent him a text telling him about McCleish - his response

'The clearing in the woods is chasing money. He is crap anyway'

:lol:

Not sure if he is bitter about him leaving the scotland job - but I reckon Walter Smith had made great inroads with that team before McCleish came in - and....

The f*cked up against Georgia!

His other response (bearing in mind he is seeing this through green and white tinted specs)

'He did well with rangers initially but he was bollocks at the end so he left. Bought some right dud players!'

Finishing off what fist-face started then!

He's hardly going to say anything else....

He could´ve denied making a statement...but as he now did I dont think MON is the type of guy to slate someone..even a rival. In a way I wish we could clone MON and have him on this forum at times when things arent that cheerful... :lol:

I cant see Boro doing anything special.

I think Sunderland and Bolton could be favourites by End of January.

Hurts to say it mind, but I really think Blues will stay up now.

Don't judge Boro just by Saturdays performance

Boro have a chairman that will put his hands in his pocket if necessary in January. Boro also have a lot of injuries right now, I think Arca is back for them soon and he really does make a difference to their side. In fact Boro gave us a game in the first half on saturday, they are a side lacking in confidence not a side lacking in talent, they will improve imo

Â