Crypto currency

PieFacE

I'm getting quite in to this investing in small start up coins. But It's ended up with me being spread quite thin.

Over the past 6 weeks I've invested in TOMO, Credits, VeChain, Evident Proof, YggDrash, Nebula.ai and Telegram (even though I said I wouldn't!)

Nothing huge in any of them. The most I've put into anything is 1 ETH.

But now it means a lot of my money is in these small coins. Which will hopefully pay dividends in a few months, but for now I'm left with only about 0.1BTC and less than 1 ETH in more "traditional" cryptos.

So I'm torn now. I'm getting my annual bonus next week and I'm planning to put a bit more of that into Crypto. But I can't decide whether to replenish my BTC/ETH (or maybe NEO) stores or to keep investing in new stuff.

I'm entering the NEX lottery for their offering, so if I get an allocation for that then I'll invest, but chances are low. Other than that my options are open...

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

As ever John Oliver is very good here. Crypto is the Wild West and that isn't a good thing. 

That pump and dump company is insane and a perfect example why the market needs regulation exceptionally fast. That has to be illegal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

As ever John Oliver is very good here. Crypto is the Wild West and that isn't a good thing. 

That pump and dump company is insane and a perfect example why the market needs regulation exceptionally fast. That has to be illegal.

Yup agreed on all points. I think everything he states is true, only put in what you can afford to lose and not all projects are scams, but a lot of them are shit.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My ledger has arrived today. I'll be setting it up later and then firing loads of questions at @PieFacE :D 

Where did you get it from? I found a stockist in Brum but they want £139!

The coins I hold aren't worth shit at the moment but I'll need to protect them when ARK is worth £500...

36 minutes ago, coda said:

Where did you get it from? I found a stockist in Brum but they want £139!

The coins I hold aren't worth shit at the moment but I'll need to protect them when ARK is worth £500...

I got it from their website. Worked out just under £80 I think

Here

• Thanks 1

Seems all too 'bitty' at the minute. What are peoples plans? Just invest in everything and hope one blows up and increases 10000%? Is there any method to your strategies? Just curious. 

I spent a bit of time looking at it pre-Xmas but i'm probably going to invest in 'traditional' ways like bonds, equities and funds. I probably won't 'get rich quick' but steady growth over 20 years should see me very comfortable by my mid 50's 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Seems all too 'bitty' at the minute. What are peoples plans? Just invest in everything and hope one blows up and increases 10000%? Is there any method to your strategies? Just curious. 

I spent a bit of time looking at it pre-Xmas but i'm probably going to invest in 'traditional' ways like bonds, equities and funds. I probably won't 'get rich quick' but steady growth over 20 years should see me very comfortable by my mid 50's 

You gotta have sell targets no matter what you invest in.

Most low cap coins I'll sell when/if they go to a few quid, and then re-invest once my mortgage is paid off.

ARK is probably something i'll never sell  (unless it goes to something crazy like £150-300) as it currently makes me 220 ARK a week. At £30-50, 220 free coins a week is quite a tasty passive income :D 

But we shall see. Would be too good to be true. So probably will be :D 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The stuff I'm investing in I'm hoping for a 10x increase. But I'll probably sell off some profit in tranches. Hit 5x and sell a bit. Hit 10x and sell a bit more and then hold some for the off chance something explodes.

Then I'll keep some in BTC and ETH

• Like 1

@PieFacE help!

Set up my ledger. Created a BTC and ETH wallet using the chrome apps. No problem there, sent my BTC and ETH there already. No bother.

But are these the wallets I can use for alt coins, or do I have to use MEW (or similar) for those?

If I can use my ledger, is that a "trackable" wallet?

Edit: I think I've answered my own question. I have to use MEW (or ARK wallet for my ARK)

Edited by Stevo985

Could be one of the catalysts referenced on that chart you posted above @PieFacE

Barclays strikes payment deal with cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase in the UK

LONDON — Barclays has agreed to provide US cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase with access to the UK's Faster Payments Scheme in a first for the bank and for an exchange in the UK.

Coinbase is gaining access to the Faster Payment Scheme, the core payment infrastructure used by consumers to move money in the UK. Coinbase's UK head Zeeshan Feroz confirmed to Business Insider that the company was partnering with Barclays on the deal.

More on Link

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

@PieFacE help!

Set up my ledger. Created a BTC and ETH wallet using the chrome apps. No problem there, sent my BTC and ETH there already. No bother.

But are these the wallets I can use for alt coins, or do I have to use MEW (or similar) for those?

If I can use my ledger, is that a "trackable" wallet?

Edit: I think I've answered my own question. I have to use MEW (or ARK wallet for my ARK)

Personally I've always used MEW for all my ERC-20 tokens (there may be other better wallets, but MEW has always been fine for my needs). MEW is only compatible with Ethereum tokens so don't send ARK there or anything as it could be lost (though will more likely get rejected before sending).

If you go on MEW
Go to send ether tokens
Click Ledger
Connect Ledger to PC and select the ETH symbol
MEW should then give you some ETH wallet address' to send your tokens too.

You can make sure the transaction goes through by viewing wallet activity here;
https://etherscan.io/

Yeah for ARK download the ARK wallet from here;
https://github.com/ArkEcosystem/ark-desktop/releases/tag/1.5.1
On your Ledger Manager download the ARK extension to your Ledger
Load ARK Wallet
Plug in Ledger and select ARK
It will then automatically provide you an address.

ARK is 10x easier to use than ETH. ETH is horrible really.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Genuinely no idea about wallets and ledgers.  Is there some sort of fee (there seems to be with everything else!) involved with getting your alt coins from the exchange to a wallet/ledger?  What about time lags etc?  Or am I missing the point entirely :D 

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Can someone bullet point the correct/safest process for purchasing bitcoin? Just so I have it correct in my head. :D

Buy it from Coinbase, it’s a piece of piss.

You can leave it there is you want or you can move it to your own “wallet” as Stevo is doing in his posts on this page.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely no idea about wallets and ledgers.  Is there some sort of fee (there seems to be with everything else!) involved with getting your alt coins from the exchange to a wallet/ledger?  What about time lags etc?  Or am I missing the point entirely :D 

There is a miner's fee but it's pretty negligible. A few pence.

The big fees is when you buy through Coinbase on a debit card. Cost me about £20 to buy 1ETH. Hopefully the partnership with Barclays will be the first step towards lowering those fees.

There will be a time lag. It's not instant. But it's usually minutes.

Edited by Stevo985

The ledger was way simpler to set up than I thought it would be by the way. 

Basically just plug it in, write down your recovery code, download the wallet apps and send your coins to the new address. Took me less than half an hour.

• Like 1

Â