Crypto currency

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yeah the Telegram ICO doesn't sit right with me. They've raised $850m for it so far. Surely what they are trying to do doesn't justify that.

I think they were hoping to raise $2 billion. Crazy money. 

thought they were looking to raise 1bn and raised 850m in presale so arnt going to do a public ICO?

1 minute ago, zak said:

thought they were looking to raise 1bn and raised 850m in presale so arnt going to do a public ICO?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/telegram-the-2-billion-crypto-offering-thats-dividing-tech.html

Secretive messaging app Telegram is selling a $2 billion crypto dream — but skeptics smell a 'ploy'

• Telegram is raising up to $2 billion to develop a messaging and commerce platform on a new blockchain.
  • Tech investors are split on whether the investment is a can't-miss opportunity or the scam of the decade.
  • One crypto investor writes: "I certainly would not put a single cent I care more than nil about losing into this."

Can't believe the sums of money people are blindly handing over to other people they don't know. Its utterly bonkers.

Can't be long until all the stories come out about how people took out mortgages so they could give the cash to someone they never met and now they are homeless.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can't believe the sums of money people are blindly handing over to other people they don't know. Its utterly bonkers.

Can't be long until all the stories come out about how people took out mortgages so they could give the cash to someone they never met and now they are homeless.

Yeah it is a bit nuts. In one of the chat groups i'm in a dude had nearly paid off his mortgage, had a few years left. Decided to get all his money out of his house and put it into crypto. I just couldn't do that. I'm in crypto to get rid of my mortgage not get another! Luckily he is still up but not by a lot.

Though in polar opposite story, another lad who's in the same group is only 20. Got into crypto in January last year with £1000. Now he's quit his job and is a multi-millionaire. 

The amount of people in their early 20's who are getting incredibly rich from this is just a bit bizarre. Wish I had this opportunity in my early 20's. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

This is my issue. I know the guy and even so I'm not willing to just transfer him cash.

There's been no info about how he's collecting funds, how he's tracking who has given him what, how he's going to divvy out the returns, how he's going to store the funds, how long the investment is going to be left, what he's going to do after the initial investment, how he's going to handle any disputes etc etc

I'm sure he will be doing all this stuff, but the rate people are just handing over thousands of pounds worth of crypto has surprised me.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

People were loading up credit cards hence why the banks have stopped it. 

• Like 1

So that guy sent out a picture of the spreadsheet he's kept for what people have given him. Rough calcs because it was all in different currencies, but I reckon he collected 20-25k

He's taking 10%. Even if everyone loses money, he keeps that 10% regardless.

So he's made £2000-£2500 for basically nothing.

I know @zak your similar experience was a lot more money, but I just can't get over that this guy has made that money in a couple of days for what? Making a spreadsheet?

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

So that guy sent out a picture of the spreadsheet he's kept for what people have given him. Rough calcs because it was all in different currencies, but I reckon he collected 20-25k

I know @zak your similar experience was a lot more money, but I just can't get over that this guy has made that money in a couple of days for what? Making a spreadsheet?

He’s sold people a dream of getting rich, classic con man. No doubt he’s some incredible expert which makes me wonder why he’s not just going alone without the hassle?

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s sold people a dream of getting rich, classic con man. No doubt he’s some incredible expert which makes me wonder why he’s not just going alone without the hassle?

Yeah it's weird. I don't think he's a conman, I think he has good intentions, but nobody knows much about him.

I know him, but I don't know how up to speed he is with this stuff. 

Just doesn't sit right with me. I've stayed quiet in the convo but I'm intrigued by how they get on. Their intention seems to be to use these funds to buy THOR in the token pre-sale, and then flip it when it gets listed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's weird. I don't think he's a conman, I think he has good intentions, but nobody knows much about him.

Just doesn't sit right with me. I've stayed quiet in the convo but I'm intrigued by how they get on. Their intention seems to be to use these funds to buy THOR in the token pre-sale, and then flip it when it gets listed.

It’s interesting to see how it plays out keep us up to date, I hope it all goes smoothly but it’s certainly ringing a few alarm bells.

Just now, Genie said:

It’s interesting to see how it plays out keep us up to date, I hope it all goes smoothly but it’s certainly ringing a few alarm bells.

Well part of me hopes it goes smoothly.

I have to admit there's a part of me that hopes it doesn't. because I didn't join in! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah lot's of groups do the same.

The group i'm in did the same for GUTS and Persona.  It's mainly how this 20 year old I was talknig about earlier became a millionaire. Get into good projects early is a good strategy.

Go in as a group, and go in big so you get a good pre-sale bonus', then when the coins hit the exchange it's instant profit. You largely can't lose as long as you don't invest in a scam, but they're pretty easy to sniff out imo.

If it's DPOS like Persona, you can create a few private pools and then double your holdings over a few years and then sell on for good money (assuming the price of the coin doesn't go to 0)

It's incredibly easy money at the minute, eventually it will stop but may as well take full advantage of it! 

Edited by PieFacE

On 2/19/2018 at 21:20, PieFacE said:

Will be interested to know what they think about ARK if that's been brought up at all?

"Trade volume is low on it... unless you know something I don't then it doesn't seem like a long term hold"

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I actually cant get over the money raised in the other one, $2.5m in a whatsapp group. I mean we did get the most ridiculous discount, like too good but still

• Like 1

Combination of ponzi schemes and gambling now

People are just pouring money into any old shit coin and hoping for the best. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Â