Crypto currency

PieFacE

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Would love that to get near the $1 it was previously. I’d be cashing out if it got near that. 

Anyone know now anything about TOMOcoin?

I’d be very tempted, I’ve got 6200 so that would be a very nice return.

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Do you all use Coinbase? Just how secure/reliable is it? Small amount of paranoia kicking in....

I think a LOT of people use Coinbase. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Do you all use Coinbase? Just how secure/reliable is it? Small amount of paranoia kicking in....

I’ve used it for all my initial transactions but I don’t hold anything there.

So, wallets. 

I need to get one as I’m getting very nervous holding stuff on exchanges. 

Anyone got any recommendations?

also, can wallets hold everything or do you need different ones for different coins? Will they hold alt coins?

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So, wallets. 

I need to get one as I’m getting very nervous holding stuff on exchanges. 

Anyone got any recommendations?

also, can wallets hold everything or do you need different ones for different coins? Will they hold alt coins?

What?! I thought you had to have a wallet on sites likes Coinbase? 

OMG I’m freaking out because I don’t understand what you mean. 

Ahhhhhhhhh

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

What?! I thought you had to have a wallet on sites likes Coinbase? 

OMG I’m freaking out because I don’t understand what you mean. 

Ahhhhhhhhh

Coinbase essentially is a wallet.

You buy bitcoin on there and it holds it for you. But it's all held online. The danger is if Coinbase was ever hacked then they could steal your bitcoin.

An exchange is somewhere where you send Bitcoin (or ETH or whatever) and use that to buy other coins. Again this is essentially a wallet too, but again held online.

But you can have personal wallets, stored on computers or flashdrives that hold your crypto and aren't connected so are safer.

I've probably explained that badly as I'm far from an expert. But that's kind of how I see it.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Coinbase essentially is a wallet.

You buy bitcoin on there and it holds it for you. But it's all held online. The danger is if Coinbase was ever hacked then they could steal your bitcoin.

An exchange is somewhere where you send Bitcoin (or ETH or whatever) and use that to buy other coins. Again this is essentially a wallet too, but again held online.

But you can have personal wallets, stored on computers or flashdrives that hold your crypto and aren't connected so are safer.

I've probably explained that badly as I'm far from an expert. But that's kind of how I see it.

Right ok, good. No damage done to my understanding. Phew. 

What exchange do you use, just out of interest? 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Right ok, good. No damage done to my understanding. Phew. 

What exchange do you use, just out of interest? 

Depends on the coin.

I've got holdings on Bittrex, Binance, KuCoin, Idex and Tidex.

As well as my Bitcoin which is in Coinbase.

I'd be much more comfortable if I could send everything to one place, especially as I'm going to try and start taking this stuff a bit more seriously.

Get your coins off exchanges...

The best investment you can ever make in crypto Stevo is buying a Ledger Nano S. Can't state that enough. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

The best investment you can ever make in crypto Stevo is buying a Ledger Nano S. Can't state that enough. 

Yeah that's what I was looking at.

I know I'm probably being dumb, but I still don't quite understand how wallets work. Would that hold all my coins? Or just the major ones like BTC and ETH etc?

Edited by Stevo985

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's what I was looking at.

I know I'm probably being dumb, but I still don't quite understand how wallets work. Would that hold all my coins? Or just the major ones like BTC and ETH etc?

What coins do you have?

24 minutes ago, coda said:

I wondered why CoinMarketCap was a sea of red! Can anyone estimate how long this will last? (I have some shopping to do)

Hopefully not long.... but who knows at this stage. Been in a bear market for a while now, I genuinely thought we would have got out of it by now. So I have no idea :D

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Where do you keep yours @PieFacE

So I get that my first step into this should be to get some Bitcoin from Coinbase. Do i then keep it on there before deciding to look at other coins, or?

Although I'm thinking of ditching my FLIXX. I've got 800 but they're worth **** all and don't seem to be going anywhere. I've probably lost money on them (can't remember what price I bought them at)

Anyone who's holding any got any reason why it might go up in the near future?

Heard rumours the future of ETH was in doubt. Anyone heard the same?

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Although I'm thinking of ditching my FLIXX. I've got 800 but they're worth **** all and don't seem to be going anywhere. I've probably lost money on them (can't remember what price I bought them at)

Anyone who's holding any got any reason why it might go up in the near future?

Heard rumours the future of ETH was in doubt. Anyone heard the same?

If it wasn't for Flixx I would be well up. I think I put £800 in to it and they are worth no more than £200 right now. No point in selling for me now. 

Â