Crypto currency

PieFacE

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

There's a G20 meeting tomorrow about crypto, might be worth waiting to see the outcome of that.

Would regulation be a bad thing? Or are they potentially going to make it illegal?

I guess as Mark Carney is head of the FSB they'll listen to him... Should be good news for investors in crypto.

CYRPTOCURRENCIES do not pose a risk to world economics, Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has insisted in a letter to members of the G20. Mr Carney, who is chair of the Financial Stability Board (FSB), resisted calls from some G20 members to regulate cryptocurrencies like bitcoin.

In a letter to G20 central bankers and finance ministers who will meet in Buenos Aires on Monday and Tuesday, Mr Carney said: "The FSB's initial assessment is that crypto-assets do not pose risks to global financial stability at this time."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/933658/cryptocurrency-news-bitcoin-price-market-mining-ripple-eretheum

Edited by Genie

59 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

There's a G20 meeting tomorrow about crypto, might be worth waiting to see the outcome of that.

I don't get my bonus until tomorrow anyway so I'll wait... :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Would regulation be a bad thing? Or are they potentially going to make it illegal?

I guess as Mark Carney is head of the FSB they'll listen to him... Should be good news for investors in crypto.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/933658/cryptocurrency-news-bitcoin-price-market-mining-ripple-eretheum

I think ultimately regulation would be a good thing. It would certainly give more confidence for institutional money to enter the space. Though, depending on what the regulation is, I guess it could hinder the innovation. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Bought some bitcoin today.

Thought I'd have more to play with. Was going to buy some ETH too but don't really have enough.

Good choice so far! Had a nice bump.

For anyone interested... 

The ARK CTO is actually helping the French government write the legal structure for ICOs, hopefully this will make ARK a good place for people to do their ICOs as France as a whole seems incredibly open minded about crypto...

I keep adding Bitcoin and then use it to invest in other things :D 

Could do with adding a bit more (or, preferably, some of my other investments coming good so I can convert back to BTC and hold it)

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I keep adding Bitcoin and then use it to invest in other things :D 

Could do with adding a bit more (or, preferably, some of my other investments coming good so I can convert back to BTC and hold it)

When that chap is talking about your portfolio, he means outside of crypto. So if you own real estate, stocks etc.... investing a % of your portfolio into Bitcoin/crypto will actually make your portfolio less volatile, as Bitcoin/crypto doesn't follow the same trends as stocks etc.  People with a lot of wealth will be investing in crypto with statements like that (backed by facts)

Tis a great watch, can't help but feel incredibly bullish about the whole thing after watching it.

Crypto isn't going anywhere, it's just got so much room for growth.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

@Genie

https://medium.com/@flixxo/state-of-the-project-march-2018-498a40999d70

State of the project — March 2018
Festivals’ season has already started! We missed the Oscars ceremony, but we wanted to make sure we were part in the most compelling list of events of the year. The journey started at BA Web Festival, the web series festival of Buenos Aires. There we had the opportunity to meet the creators of amazing projects and share thoughts with other platforms’ teams.

Sneak Peak

1*VQk30OK8p5MRSMfvTPs2pw.png

Edited by PieFacE

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Did anyone invest in Persona? 

There's a good podcast here on bitcoin.com which highlights the need for ID management on the blockchain, they also speak about Civic and there's a section on Persona too.

Tis a good listen.

https://podcast.bitcoin.com/e79-Identity-Take-Control-Of-Your-Personal-Data-Persona-Civic

Thanks PieFace. When can we expect Persona to be trading? Next year?

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Thanks PieFace. When can we expect Persona to be trading? Next year?

Tokens are released the end of this month. Just have to see how long it takes to get on exchanges. I imagine it will get on COSS exchange quickly 'cos Stefan from Persona is and advisor for COSS so... putting 2 and 2 together...

Â