Crypto currency

PieFacE

It really continues to fall doesn't it?

I'm on the verge of being in the red from what I originally put in. Considering I had more than tripled my investment a month ago it's a hell of a fall.

I'm just going to leave it there and see what happens. Might buy a little bit more while the price is this low but not going to put much more in.

Lloyds Banking Group has banned its customers from buying Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies on their credit cards.

The ban, starting on Monday, applies to Lloyds Bank, Bank of Scotland, Halifax and MBNA customers.

It will not apply to debit cards, only to the banking group's eight million credit card customers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42940728

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm on the verge of being in the red from what I originally put in. Considering I had more than tripled my investment a month ago it's a hell of a fall.

I'm just going to leave it there and see what happens. Might buy a little bit more while the price is this low but not going to put much more in.

I was going to invest about the same time as you but held off as I purchased a car instead.

Then I was kicking myself as everyone was coining it in and now i'm almost relieved I didn't jump in

If Bitcoin keeps plummeting I still might invest but probably going to put my bonus into investment funds now. 

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't get too down when it's dropped, but don't get too euphoric when it's high. The truth is somewhere in the middle :)

A lot of new people have got into crypto since November/December. They're probably panic selling now. My experience shows those who ride out the dips get rewarded.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Don't get too down when it's dropped, but don't get too euphoric when it's high. The truth is somewhere in the middle :)

A lot of new people have got into crypto since November/December. They're probably panic selling now. My experience shows those who ride out the dips get rewarded.

To be honest I'm not emotional about it either way. If it all disappeared tomorrow I'd be miffed but I stuck to my philosophy that was assume that everything I put into Bitcoin will disappear forever. 

So in my head that money is gone, so if it goes down it doesn't really affect me.

I'll be emotional if it goes up a LOT, but until then I'm more intrigued than anything.

• Like 4

Ditto. I've only just got to the point where, as things stand< I am at an overall loss.  That is with one hell of a correction as well. Be interesting to look back at these posts in a year or two years time. 

Yes it will.  There still people predicting that Bitcoin will soar to the tens of thousands of dollars/pounds.  If they do, great.  If not, then I'm not in it to any great degree.  My choice now is whether to lump on with the price low, and hope those people are correct.

Ditto to the above. I wish i could just Go on Holiday like in football manager for two years and see what my investment is like. If it's zero then fine, but it's the false hope and the false despair and the waiting that I'm not enjoying anymore.

I would like to just get notifications every 5k in any direction. 

29 minutes ago, Risso said:

Yes it will.  There still people predicting that Bitcoin will soar to the tens of thousands of dollars/pounds.  If they do, great.  If not, then I'm not in it to any great degree.  My choice now is whether to lump on with the price low, and hope those people are correct.

Yeah that's the temptation at the moment. Sink a bit more in while the price is low.

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can see Bitcoin going down to almost nothing. Not sure what is going to stop the slide?

The slide stopped before. It hit around 2k and then levelled off and then rose again.

Although that was before. And this is after. Or now, depending on how you look at it.

Still a long way to go to 2k though... Can't imagine what my Ark price will look like if Bitcoin hits 2k again. 

Imagine having invested more than you could afford when Bitcoin was at 16k or whatever, when that guy said he predicts it will hit a million by 2019. Taken loans out, with zero understanding beyond, 'get rick quick'. And now you're watching the value just drain from your investment. 

34 minutes ago, YLN said:

The slide stopped before. It hit around 2k and then levelled off and then rose again.

Although that was before. And this is after. Or now, depending on how you look at it.

Still a long way to go to 2k though... Can't imagine what my Ark price will look like if Bitcoin hits 2k again. 

Imagine having invested more than you could afford when Bitcoin was at 16k or whatever, when that guy said he predicts it will hit a million by 2019. Taken loans out, with zero understanding beyond, 'get rick quick'. And now you're watching the value just drain from your investment. 

Lloyd’s blocking purchase on credit suggests they’ve got a lot of customers who are potentially in a lot of trouble.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Lloyd’s blocking purchase on credit suggests they’ve got a lot of customers who are potentially in a lot of trouble.

Virgin Money have done the same today as well

Won't be long before the other banks follow suit. 

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Flixx 9.7cents was ~100cents

Ark $2.97, was ~$10

Anyone buying in? I’ll be tempted to go for more if Flixx drops to 5cents

I'm tempted to buy more this evening. I've reached the investment limit I gave myself when I started but I do have the funds to keep going.

Â