Crypto currency

PieFacE

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

The side continues, BTC now at £6.8k

In the long term it’s gotta be a good thing I think. 

Yep. I think so. The crypto market has gone through many bubble cycles. Each time it drops, it bounces to new heights. I very much suspect we will see it again. 

If anyone is looking for a good crypto youtuber then I definitely recommend this dude, his videos are very informative and quite funny.

I can see the next few months being a bloodbath. I have a confession to make, I partly invested to judge my own behaviour as an investor. The reason is that as part of my job I coach my clients and manage them through different stages in the cycle of the investment market. I make sure they don't make silly mistakes and retain their eye on the longer term objective whatever that may be. I thought this would be a good study of how I react to situations and help me to emphatise with my clients. Really interesting journey so far. I still 100% believe in Blockchain but it is very interesting to watch the mania. I watched an excellent video on the CISI website from TIm Jones regarding crypto. He is the former CEO of Natwest and founder of Mondex and now TIbado. If you have time look into Tibado. It is basically digital cash but an interesting project using the same principles but without using blockchain technology. He blasted crypto and he is experienced but it was so obvious that blockchain is a threat to his business and that it was about self promotion.  

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Vote for Pieface. I'll pay you, honest :D 

Though depending on how many you have it may or may not be worth it right now.

Ha I saw your name on the list. I don't have many (<100) is it not worth bothering to vote at the moment?

15 hours ago, coda said:

Ha I saw your name on the list. I don't have many (<100) is it not worth bothering to vote at the moment?

Not right now really, when Ark CoreV2 comes out it will be. All the TX/Voting fees are being lowered :)

I'll let you know when it's a good time.

Yeah I tell you what, it's a good job Villa have started doing well. A welcome distraction. 

We've got to be near the bottom now surely? Like a 60% retrace for BTC... can't go on too much longer. Hold me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Flixx at 12cents mental, was over $1 few weeks back.

Is there a specific issue with the tech or the idea?

Nah. There's been no news or anything. All eyes are on BTC. Alts will bleed for a while now til BTC decides what it's going to do. Everything is hugely down ATM. 

The general rule is...

BTC goes down, alts go down.

BTC goes up, alts go down

BTC goes sideways, alt party!

At some point alts need to be de-coupled from BTC 'cos there's just too much BTC drama all the time!

Edited by PieFacE

This is crazy!

What a day.  Wish I had money.

A lot of people are going to be setting themselves up for a nice year right now in my opinion.

EDIT: BTC just bounced from 7500 to 8400.Ffingers crossed.

Edited by PieFacE

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Serious question, are some of the others not?

I only know anything about Bitcoin. 

Bitcoin has no use other than as a barter mechanism. There are many other uses of blockchains. They are essentially a distributed ledger and can be used for anything that a ledger can. So that means banks can stop relying on monolithic computer systems and actually exchange money much easier. Logistics companies can track/trace end to end without a single point of failure. Musicians can see who is playing their music without needing record companies. There are many, many use cases and all of them have intrinsic value.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â