• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

47 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Jokanovic or Weinzierl with Clotet as assistant ;)

I don't really know anything about all three of them. Jokanovic managed Watford for a bit and now managed Fulham, what is his style of play like? 

Weinzierl, I had to search for on google, but I gather he managed Schalke? How did he do there?

Clotet is currently managing Oxford after being assistant at Swansea? Is he good enough to manage us? 

I suppose we've tried the 'tried and tested' approach, maybe we should gamble.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I don't really know anything about all three of them. Jokanovic managed Watford for a bit and now managed Fulham, what is his style of play like? 

Weinzierl, I had to search for on google, but I gather he managed Schalke? How did he do there?

Clotet is currently managing Oxford after being assistant at Swansea? Is he good enough to manage us? 

I suppose we've tried the 'tried and tested' approach, maybe we should gamble.

Weinzierl did very well at Augsburg and played an attacking fluent style which i liked to watch. Failed a bit at Schalke but that was not really all down to him. They use the football director system in Germany and he wasn't backed properly and some of the players bought didn't suit his style of football.

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Weinzierl did very well at Augsburg and played an attacking fluent style which i liked to watch. Failed a bit at Schalke but that was not really all down to him. They use the football director system in Germany and he wasn't backed properly and some of the players bought didn't suit his style of football.

Maybe we should go for him then? Even if we don't go up this year, an attractive style of play would be refreshing.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Maybe we should go for him then? Even if we don't go up this year, an attractive style of play would be refreshing.

I think he is one of the better options available. I would go for him.

I would be OK with MON's attack, enthusiasm, and getting the team fired up to play at real speed...  BUT, walking out in a snit with no notice and leaving us in the lurch right at the start of a new season was unforgivable.  ABSOLUTE NO from me.

• Like 1

The more I  read about Weinzierl the more I want him. Sounds like he is just what we need. 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/europe-calling-how-markus-weinzierl-became-germanys-most-promising-coach

“He can get the best out of players and turns average ones into good or even very good players,” says long-term Augsburg fan Kristell. “Augsburg, thanks to Weinzierl, has become a club that interests younger players… a place they can get playing time and grab the attention of bigger clubs.”

Top of the class

A standout coach in the 57th class of the gruelling Hennes-Weisweiler-Academy – he finished with an A minus – alongside Roger Schmidt (Bayer Leverkusen), Markus Gisdol (Hoffenheim) and current Germany assistant Thomas Schneider – Weinzierl has fortified his unlikely band of players with a refreshing brand of pragmatism. “I think being realistic matters, working with the framework you have, and to have a team on and off the field with the right character,” he says.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

De Boer hasn't had a good year and half now. Struggled at Inter and sacked at Palace. His Ajax team was very good, but I'd imagine De Boer really is lacking confidence at the moment, and that is not the type of manager we need. We need a manager to come in who is confident and will get the fans excited again. 

The eredivise is a piece of piss. Should stay well clear until any manager that comes out of there and into a competitive league and does well..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The more I  read about Weinzierl the more I want him. Sounds like he is just what we need. 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/europe-calling-how-markus-weinzierl-became-germanys-most-promising-coach

I don't know much about him ,but his win ratio is not that impressive.....would it be a sizeable risk in our position( club)

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I don't know much about him ,but his win ratio is not that impressive.....would it be a sizeable risk in our position( club)

For every David Wagner there's a Daniel Farke.  And that won't end well. It doesn't always work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The eredivise is a piece of piss. Should stay well clear until any manager that comes out of there and into a competitive league and does well..

early days but like Peter Bosz at moment?

19 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I would like a manager who made a world-wide name for himself as a player.  Someone younger, very attacking and possession oriented.  Somebody who won't ignore the defense, but willing to play the "however many you score, we'll score more" game.  Probably already managing or managed in a foreign league, to prove the previous points.  And just to eliminate the ridiculous, someone who isn't named Maradonna, or York. Also, no americans, just because I know most of them and don't think any of them are very good.

David Platt then