The Great Tower Block Fire Tragedy of London

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Scroll down, there are updates from yesterday & the day before as the numbers rose detailing exactly what the police were doing and what people should do/where they should go if they were missing people

That's too easy though. Rioting is more fun.

Edited by magnkarl

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Scroll down, there are updates from yesterday & the day before as the numbers rose detailing exactly what the police were doing and what people should do/where they should go if they were missing people

And yet oddly, the people in the streets seem to feel that they have not been given this information.  Should have scrolled down, I guess.

• Like 1

Strange that, the police have been constantly updating and the papers (even the shit ones) have been using this info to keep their stories upto date....

People would much rather listen to Lily Allen crying though because obviously she knows far more than the people putting their lives at risk to save people & retrieve bodies

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

That's too easy though. Rioting is more fun.

Better chance of getting a new TV from rioting. 

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Strange that, the police have been constantly updating and the papers (even the shit ones) have been using this info to keep their stories upto date....

People would much rather listen to Lily Allen crying though because obviously she knows far more than the people putting their lives at risk to save people & retrieve bodies

Preach.

The same people shouting for justice less than 48 hours after a major fire will be setting fire to police cars before the weekend is over...

Maybe Simon Cowell can get alanis morrisette to do the charity record

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

The same people shouting for justice less than 48 hours after a major ifire will be setting fire to police cars before the weekend is over...

Yeah like protesters holding up the firemen getting counselling at the Kensington Council House earlier making sure they couldn't get out. You've worked for 24 hours in a burning building and now you're being held up by a bunch of angry people blaming the council for not releasing figures when the police has done exactly that. Well done.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Sounds like a good shout...

I'll knock up a little PowerPoint tonight and head down to those community centres in the morning to give them some ideas.  If there's much interest I'll send them to this - The 31 hotspots where house prices will surge now

I can knock these out for a living. Hook is another one. Didcot, Whitchurch, Haslemere, Petersfield. 

My point being that there's other areas to live where it doesn't cost a fortune to rent a flat in the UK. Everyone doesn't have to live in Kensington/Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

The same people shouting for justice less than 48 hours after a major fire will be setting fire to police cars before the weekend is over...

Crystal ball? or Crystal Bollocks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Weather forecast for the weekend is hot and humid. Always seems to go hand in glove with riots. 

you're right. There's been extensive research in environmental psychology that shows the extent to which warm weather plays in rioting and violent crime in general. I remember when studying it that there was a sweet spot between something like 27-30 degrees, above that the theory is it's too hot to make the effort.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

social cleansing

nice one

So we should control the market to make sure that everyone can buy everything? That isn't social cleansing, it's called market force. Do you have aspirations for buying something? A car, a house, anything? Let's fix the economy to make sure that everyone can live in London - I'll take a big villa in Mayfair thanks.

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

So we should control the market to make sure that everyone can buy everything? That isn't social cleansing, it's called market force. Do you have aspirations for buying something? A car, a house, anything? Let's fix the economy to make sure that everyone can live in London - I'll take a big villa in Mayfair thanks.

Woosh!!!!!

Its about keeping it realistic so hard working people with normal jobs born and bred in the area can actually afford to live there. Instead of keeping it reserved for the elite, foreign ambassadors or the tax avoiders. You really are talking an amazing amount of bollocks in this thread.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I can knock these out for a living. Hook is another one. Didcot, Whitchurch, Haslemere, Petersfield. 

Average house prices:

Hook - £455,330; Didcot - £318,446; Whitchurch - £345,789; Haslemere - £550,004; Petersfield - £397,111.

You wouldn't make a very good living trying to encourage people in social housing to move out into anywhere you've suggested so far.

What's the monthly rent on ivory towers in your part of the world?

• Like 2

Â