Premier League Final Day/Europa League Final

andykeenan

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Couldn't do nothing about the second. Arsenal don't deserve top 4 anyway

I just watched it and he really could have done better. Wasnt even going at a great pace

What a totally shit league. I said at the start of the season that the top six would be the obvious six and there they are by an absolute distance. 

Last season was the wake up call to the bigger clubs and this season, IMO, will form the ongoing trend - that top six will remain so for a very, very long time.

Fair play to Everton for keeping within a reasonable(ish) distance of United, but they've still ended up 14 points behind Arsenal in 5th.

As for the gap between the rest, what a total joke. Soton fifteen points behind Everton and twenty nine behind Arsenal!! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

What a totally shit league. I said at the start of the season that the top six would be the obvious six and there they are by an absolute distance. 

Last season was the wake up call to the bigger clubs and this season, IMO, will form the ongoing trend - that top six will remain so for a very, very long time.

Fair play to Everton for keeping within a reasonable(ish) distance of United, but they've still ended up 14 points behind Arsenal in 5th.

As for the gap between the rest, what a total joke. Soton fifteen points behind Everton and twenty nine behind Arsenal!! :rolleyes:

Not a problem exclusive to the Premier League mind. Football is quite simply in it's worst state in decades. 80s and 90s were a far better time for football.

• Like 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Jeff Stelling just said it was one of most exciting seasons in many years :huh:

That's his job to be fair but I don't expect anything else from him and his cronies who only think the league consists of six teams.

its typical media hype. We should be used to it ;)

17 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

It isn't a great league, but infinitely better than most around Europe. 

You could pick the top 1/2 in Scotland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy, etc. 

I always see arguments, particularly for the Bundesliga, that it's "competitive". Load of nonsense. Having one team win the title almost every year isn't competitive. The middle of every league is "competitive" 

I know it's cool to hate E gland the Premier League, etc. But the anti-PL rubbishes beyond boring at this point. Ridiculous. 

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

I always see arguments, particularly for the Bundesliga, that it's "competitive". Load of nonsense. Having one team win the title almost every year isn't competitive. The middle of every league is "competitive" 

In the past 2 seasons there were really only 2 teams in the title race. It's not like the top 6 are all contenders. The other 4 teams are simply battling it out for the last 2 CL spots.

Just now, Keyblade said:

In the past 2 seasons there were really only 2 teams in the title race. It's not like the top 6 are all contenders. The other 4 teams are simply battling it out for the last 2 CL spots.

And yet the last 2 seasons has seen 4 different clubs finish I the top 2.

"simply battling it out for CL spots" is the ONLY battle in most other leagues. 

31 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I know it's cool to hate E gland the Premier League, etc. But the anti-PL rubbishes beyond boring at this point. Ridiculous. 

Bundesliga been much more interesting to watch this year, Leipzig and Hoffenheim have been great and europe and relegation battle very exciting.

We really need to get our act together, get promoted next season as I'm convinced it dosen't take spending 500m or whatever to finish top 10 in the prem as some posters will probably state if we do go up. Look at the standard of teams in 8th-10th, West Brom and Southampton have hardly won a game since March.

45 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Its heading the same way as the other Euro leagues though. The bigger teams in Europe are just getting further and further way from the rest. 

• Like 1

It is what it is. The top teams might not be as good as Real or Barca or Bayern, but the Premier League still has some very good players at clubs down to 7th, top name managers and some teams playing entertaining football - Spurs especially have been fantastic to watch this season. It's not really a surprise that the best teams one year are among the best the next.

Modern football is shit, not the Premier League.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bundesliga been much more interesting to watch this year, Leipzig and Hoffenheim have been great and europe and relegation battle very exciting.

We really need to get our act together, get promoted next season as I'm convinced it dosen't take spending 500m or whatever to finish top 10 in the prem as some posters will probably state if we do go up. Look at the standard of teams in 8th-10th, West Brom and Southampton have hardly won a game since March.

Exciting? The winner was 15 points clear and the gap between the final CL team and everyone else was 13 points. Imagine if people tried to claim the battle for a Europa League place in the PL was cause for excitement? 

Gladbach are midtable and won the same amount of games as Saints since March. 

I agree the PL is "boring" in the sense that some teams are uncatchable, but it's the same in every league. The difference in the PL compared to the rest? It's not just 1/2 teams that will always win the league and those at the top aren't as dominant as their European counterparts, which actually makes it interesting at the top. 

2 different winners, 6/7 different CL teams and 5 different Europa League teams, back to back champions finishing midtable, a 5000/1 shot winning the title. That's just in the last 24 months of PL. 

The arab money skews things really. If you look in Spain and likes of Sevilla and Villareal were taken over by UAE groups then both teams would challenge for La Liga. Both do very well as it is finding great players from South America on a tenth of the budget of Real Madrid and Barca.

Man. City and Chelsea haven't suddenly found a way to win leagues by brilliant scouting and finding players for 5m and selling them for 50m, they just get given 200m to spend every season and that obviously makes a difference.

We'll see that in Seria A over the next few years I think. Think Juve winning the champions league might be the end of their recent domination as their defence will need to get regenerated. Got to think both Milan clubs will get their acts together and seriously challenge for the league again in the next few seasons and even this season Roma and Napoli will both finish on over 85 points so it's just an exceptional Juve side keeping them at bay.

Why are none of these english clubs reaching the CL final anymore?

Absolutely stupid Southampton boing puel wanting him out, a cup final which they got shafted in and 8th in the league, what else do they expect 

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Exciting? The winner was 15 points clear and the gap between the final CL team and everyone else was 13 points. Imagine if people tried to claim the battle for a Europa League place in the PL was cause for excitement? 

Gladbach are midtable and won the same amount of games as Saints since March. 

I agree the PL is "boring" in the sense that some teams are uncatchable, but it's the same in every league. The difference in the PL compared to the rest? It's not just 1/2 teams that will always win the league and those at the top aren't as dominant as their European counterparts, which actually makes it interesting at the top. 

2 different winners, 6/7 different CL teams and 5 different Europa League teams, back to back champions finishing midtable, a 5000/1 shot winning the title. That's just in the last 24 months of PL. 

Yes I agree. Leipzig made it interesting but they were still miles behind Bayern. The same team wins Seria a every year. Two teams dominate La liga although Atletico broke the party. Sevilla made it slightly interesting for a bit this year then fade badly.its only last year Leicester won our league. This year hasn't been a vintage year for the Premier League. but at least there are 4 or 5 teams that can win the title unlike Germany, Spain and Italy. Thing with the Premier League there is so much tv revenue, even the smaller clubs can sign very good players. So it should be more competitive. 

Â