Premier League Final Day/Europa League Final

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

United may be boring, but it seems like they will win the Europa league regardless how nice their football look. 

If Bruce got us promoted with boring football, I don't think we would complain. 

Complain about winning?  No.  But as I said in the Steve Bruce thread, I'd generally rather we play attacking/entertaining football.  I pay to watch Villa to be entertained - the winning (when it happens) is a nice bonus.

Just now, bobzy said:

Ajax don't have the resources of most teams in this competition.  They've done incredibly well to get to the final.  Dutch football, unfortunately, is poor.  Apparently their team cost £40m.

yeah and will now be picked apart, real shame they look a proper team, no CL for them next year

12 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

United may be boring, but it seems like they will win the Europa league regardless how nice their football look. 

If Bruce got us promoted with boring football, I don't think we would complain. 

I'm not watching this because I support either team though. I'm watching it to entertain me on a Wednesday night and I like football.

2 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Owen Hargreaves is making this game even more difficult to watch. Spouting pure drivel all game 

THAT'S who it is.  Thank you.

Yes, he's **** garbage.

hargreaves is why we have a problem in english football, everything is **** awesome, no its not owen, this is shit from a utd team that cost 10x what this ajax did and as an average age is about 5 years more experienced

• Like 1

BT sport not even going to bring up the amount of times Manchester United players feigned injury from tackles that didn't even produce contact, the way Herrera and Valencia in particular threw themselves to the ground in the final minutes with not even a hint of contact? No? We are not mentioning that? Okay.

'The Special One has delivered'

Ajax 0-2 Manchester United

8557841a-b29b-4236-9d24-e82a9b116cf1.jpg

Robbie Savage

Ex-Leicester City & Wales midfielder in Stockholm

Who cares who finished second, third or fourth in the Premier League? Manchester United have won two trophies. The Special One has delivered.

He's right, as well.  It may well be the League Cup and the Europa League (2 trophies Utd fans have consistently played down the value of) but winning is what gets put on the CV.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

'The Special One has delivered'

Ajax 0-2 Manchester United

8557841a-b29b-4236-9d24-e82a9b116cf1.jpg

Robbie Savage

Ex-Leicester City & Wales midfielder in Stockholm

Who cares who finished second, third or fourth in the Premier League? Manchester United have won two trophies. The Special One has delivered.

He's right, as well.  It may well be the League Cup and the Europa League (2 trophies Utd fans have consistently played down the value of) but winning is what gets put on the CV.

Community Shield as well.

• Like 1

2 trips to Wembley, came away winners both times with a "trophy".

1 trip to a European final, another trophy.

European super cup to come, another nice day out for the fans.

Not pretty but could be a lot worse.

Â