Shrewsbury a 15th July 15:00

limpid

Wow slow tempo. I liked the way we try keep the ball.. but midfield couldn't find the front two. We created nothing.need 433. Suits our players more. Bikir is useless. Hogan will be better if we create anything for him.

I thought Hutton has played quite well. 

Very impressed with how Terry helps us keep the ball, so many times he's just cushioned the ball to chester or taylor where Baker would have just got it away.

Green looks dangerous, I don't see Bjarnason offering much out wide and the front two have been poor, especially Hogan. Gabby will cause more problems in the second half. 

We've played some nice stuff but looks very similar to last year in terms of struggling to create any decent chances so far. 

• Like 2

Steve Bruce needs to fire his coaches, because I don't see what the hell we do on the training pitch. I saw the interview where he talked about running through patterns of play...total garbage. We don't create anything, we don't move in the final third on or off the ball, we have no creativity or ideas. It's just put one down the line for Green to run onto and hope for the best.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Bloke picks up the ball, sees a midfielder drop in to receive it, sees a CB peel off to make an option, looks at both, weighs it up....then just punts one into the channels.
He just cannot football and it's a major reason we create nothing, we don't stretch teams.

You definitely missed out 'charges through the middle of the opposition with dancing feet that we haven't seen since Gabby was 19...loses the ball....like Gabby has been doing since he was 19'

It's a bit worrying that once again we seem to have absolutely no creativity. People talking about Vertout knocking it around, and Green running down the wings but almost nothing created. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Wow slow tempo. I liked the way we try keep the ball.. but midfield couldn't find the front two. We created nothing.need 433. Suits our players more. Bikir is useless. Hogan will be better if we create anything for him.

He should still be able to cause some problems though. He's a £14 million player, I don't think he should get the service excuse for him so often. 

Wonder if we get a new team second half or he tweaks it with a few changes or a change of system. 3 cbs will be even more putrid to watch and we don't need them. They haven't caused any problems. Take bikir off. Gabby uptop in the middle with Hogan and green wide. McCormack front of a midfield three.

It was getting a bit sloppy towards the end. McCormack, Hogan, Green and Bjarnason haven't been that effective at all really. Veretout and Hourihane are holding the ball well in the midfield but not creating anything. 

I'm pleased we've cut out much of the hoofing but it's a bit slow right now. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

It's a bit worrying that once again we seem to have absolutely no creativity. People talking about Vertout knocking it around, and Green running down the wings but almost nothing created. 

It is, and it's why I don't buy pre season is just for fitness. 

• Like 2

Needs to play Vertout in the McCormack role. McCormack has been poor and looking to go down at every opportunity.

Edited by striker

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He should still be able to cause some problems though. He's a £14 million player, I don't think he should get the service excuse for him so often. 

No but he's a striker. His main use is his speed and finishing. We have done nothing for him to be able to use that.

To be fair we have a history of waltzing through pre season and getting everyone exited and over confident, only for the season to start and then....... 

Maybe if we have a dour uninspiring pre season it will click when the real stuff starts! 

2 minutes ago, KSV said:

No but he's a striker. His main use is his speed and finishing. We have done nothing for him to be able to use that.

We don't really do much for Kodjia but he makes things happen. We don't do much for Gabby but even he manages to cause a few problems. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

To be fair we have a history of waltzing through pre season and getting everyone exited and over confident, only for the season to start and then....... 

Maybe if we have a dour uninspiring pre season it will click when the real stuff starts! 

Exactly, they mean nothing. It's just a. It worrying that we look the same as last season.

Â