ender4

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

previously you've used

Enemies of the Nation

now

Enemies of the State

the headline was

Enemies of the people

I just feel that the pedantry is important seeing as your post asked they  simply report facts :)

That's fair enough.  I'm full of cold, jacked up on coffee, and also handling a fairly delicate legal matter whilst enjoying this debate so errors are possible.

I actually think Enemies of the People is even worse, as it's not associating the judges as being enemies of the "state, or nation" which are simply abstract concepts that we subscribe to in order to bind ourselves to something bigger, but as enemies of every single man, woman and child on the street.

• Like 2

I don't want a second ref.

I just want some checks and balances to this totally destructive, hardest of hard-Brexits that May and the Tories are pursuing without said checks being labeled saboteurs, traitors or enemies of the state nation people.

Edited by StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

posting the same gag in 2 different threads ,  forfeits all likes surely :P

I was open and honest about it!

And I only wish it was a gag.  Sadly, I genuinely believe it to be true.  The media has way more sway over our laws and regulations than an ordinary MP.  I'd feel certain "Mrs May" would be more likely to bend to the requirements of Rupert Murdoch than most of her ordinary MPs.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

That's fair enough.  I'm full of cold, jacked up on coffee, and also handling a fairly delicate legal matter whilst enjoying this debate so errors are possible.

I actually think Enemies of the People is even worse, as it's not associating the judges as being enemies of the "state, or nation" which are simply abstract concepts that we subscribe to in order to bind ourselves to something bigger, but as enemies of every single man, woman and child on the street.

mark me down as a Fail , as I thought it was the same poster both times but it actually turns out it was 2 different posters  ( one was Steph , one was you)

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I was open and honest about it!

And I only wish it was a gag.  Sadly, I genuinely believe it to be true.  The media has way more sway over our laws and regulations than an ordinary MP.  I'd feel certain "Mrs May" would be more likely to bend to the requirements of Rupert Murdoch than most of her ordinary MPs.

I agree , I posted something earlier that showed the number of meetings Murdoch has had with people of influence  ... never a good thing

• Like 1

20 hours ago, darrenm said:

:wave:

I like his policies and I think most opinions of him are subjective. I've yet to see anything objective. I don't care that he looks like a Geography teacher. 

Would you trade him for someone electable if it guaranteed a labour win (or at least stops a big Tory majority)?

he has no chance of winning and it's hard to support that imo. 

20 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah. I was unsure about Farron, did a bit of research and joined the Lib Dems last November time.

I think those who are against Brexit, need to swallow their pride and forgive the Lib Dems for 2010.

Voting Lib Dems won't stop Brexit, it will just mean Tories get in and with that we get hard brexit.

Just now, wazzap24 said:

Would you trade him for someone electable if it guaranteed a labour win (or at least stops a big Tory majority)?

he has no chance of winning and it's hard to support that imo. 

Yes, absolutely. If guaranteed. ABC (Anyone But Conservative).

I'll be voting for whoever has the best chance of winning in my constituency. I don't much care about personalities and I've never been particularly allied to one particular party, I just want anti-austerity, more money for the NHS, more money for social care, higher taxes on higher earners, more large organisation regulation, more money for education, responsible environmental action, unions, pretty much everything left and libertarian. I'll vote to get as much of that as possible.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people.

there's no real competition for May at the moment, partially hence her reasons for having an election. I can't stand the woman for several reasons and don't want her in power. 

my problem is, I live in a small Devonshire town which is predominantly Tory. However the local mp is really decent, likeable and actually helpful in the community so I have no reason to vote against him. 

I like the bloke and would rather him retain his seat than some unknown who may not give a toss about the area I live in. 

At least my Tory cares!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Voting Lib Dems won't stop Brexit, it will just mean Tories get in and with that we get hard brexit.

My constituency has returned nothing but a Liberal or Tory MP since Sir Arthur Elton for the Whigs in 1855.

It was taken by the Tories in 2015 with a small majority and had been Lib Dem since 1992 before that, each time with a comfortable, double-digit majority.

So, run past me again how voting Lib Dem is just going to help the Tories get in?

Edited by ml1dch

Â