General Election 2017

ender4

13 hours ago, jon_c said:
14 hours ago, snowychap said:

Was it a grand pledge when Osborne committed the Tory party to target it?

Yes.

I agree but isn't this at the heart of a real issue in UK politics? That not only are the Tories remarkably seen as economically competent as a default but also that the same kinds of questions (how the hell are you actually going to afford this and bring it to fruition, for example) are not generally asked, at least as dismissively and skeptically, of the Tories as they are of other parties.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I agree but isn't this at the heart of a real issue in UK politics? That not only are the Tories remarkably seen as economically competent as a default but also that the same kinds of questions (how the hell are you actually going to afford this and bring it to fruition, for example) are not generally asked, at least as dismissively and skeptically, of the Tories as they are of other parties.

Isn't that because they generally don't spend anything only cut things, so even if they do spend people think 'oh its from X, Y or Z cut'

• Like 1

Great. Another load of debate about which shit head is the biggest shit head and which shit head we should all vote for, then it'll end up making shit all difference because all the shit heads are the same amount of shit head.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Great. Another load of debate about which shit head is the biggest shit head and which shit head we should all vote for, then it'll end up making shit all difference because all the shit heads are the same amount of shit head.

I take it you are looking forward to the shit TV debates then?

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Isn't that because they generally don't spend anything only cut things, so even if they do spend people think 'oh its from X, Y or Z cut'

Maybe but I'm not sure all the data support the premise.

It'll be absolutely touted as a Brexit election. Prominent right wing Twitter gobshites are already brainwashing the gullible masses.

In keeping with their editorial tone though, the Mail are a few goose steps further to the right. Seems they wouldn't mind a civil war...

IMG_1215.JPG

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It'll be absolutely touted as a Brexit election. Prominent right wing Twitter gobshites are already brainwashing the gullible masses.

In keeping with their editorial tone though, the Mail are a few goose steps further to the right. Seems they wouldn't mind a civil war...

IMG_1215.JPG

**** vile. This should be banned from both sides of the aisle.

It's toxic, authoritarian rhetoric that genuinely influences millions of people. 

It's propaganda and in any modern, Western civilisation, this sort of propaganda should be discouraged.

Millions of people lap this shit up - it's **** dangerous.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

It's toxic, authoritarian rhetoric that genuinely influences millions of people. 

It's propaganda and in any modern, Western civilisation, this sort of propaganda should be discouraged.

Millions of people lap this shit up - it's **** dangerous.

Don't disagree - especially that it should be discouraged.

I said that it shouldn't be banned.

I guess it would set too dangerous a precedent.

We need some sort of non-partisan regulatory committee to sort out the press in this country. They're absolutely vile. It feels like they're provoking, as NV said, a civil war. Nationalism on steroids and if you're a dissenting voice, you're a saboteur.

It's 2017 and we're back to this. **** me.

• Like 1

Â