General Election 2017

ender4

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I see that but it s just creates more uncertainty

But thats how politics is done. Coalitions are norm across Europe - it was only when Maggie stated getting thumping majorities that it became expected. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How do they do that? She isn't an MP. 

By the looks of things she needs to move to Grampian, Moray or Angus and run for a seat there. I wonder what Nicola Sturgeon will say today..

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Johnson is an utter catastrophe, a proven liar and a proven bully, despicable human being. 

Can someone be simply to over qualified for that position given his proven abilities that you have kindly listed above ?   

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

"Shock" return for Farage on the cards? :P

It would be Like when GT came back for a second spell wouldn't it ?

UKIP are a busted flush now it seems and any return will be a failure compared to what he managed last time around  ... I suppose if both main parties start rethinking on Brexit he may get to be a mouthpiece again but for all his bluster I think he's glad to be out of it

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Are people actually reading what I'm writing?!

I'm stating what the most likely situations will be.

Tory + UDP is only likely if the Tories make concessions around Brexit to the UDP, which will anger backbenchers and make May's already very shaky position much worse.

Tory minority is possible - especially if the backbenchers rebel against Brexit concessions.

Rainbow coalition is out of the question unfortunately.

Thanks for clearing that up, and I do agree with your concerns. I still think it will be  a deal with DUP and probably be another election in less than 5 years. What a disaster this has been for the conservative party. Serves May right with her pathetic arrogance from the fox hunting to dementia tax. This will teach them a very harsh lesson. 

• Like 2

Just now, tonyh29 said:

It would be Like when GT came back for a second spell wouldn't it ?

UKIP are a busted flush now it seems and any return will be a failure compared to what he managed last time around  ... I suppose if both main parties start rethinking on Brexit he may get to be a mouthpiece again but for all his bluster I think he's glad to be out of it

Farage should join conservatives. He practically is a tory 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They got the young vote and two things backfired on the Torys social care and police cuts. My neighbour whos a policeman had voted Conservatives all his life voted for Labour. Another election another manifesto another leader. I don't know but if this trend will continue 

It's going to be very interesting to see what they do. 

It will have to be a different leader, there is no doubt of that. Different manifesto? Not sure about that. 

If they stick to their guns and get a better figure head, they could still return a majority in 6 months, especially if market instability gets people running scared. 

If they change the manifesto in an effort to stop Labour's momentum, they should, quite rightly, get absolutely ripped in the media. The public would be mad not to see through it and throw them back in the sea. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I wonder what Nicola Sturgeon will say today..

A small but necessary pause whilst Nicola calmly pulls her head out of her arse to speak only increases the expectation,  she ready......"The Scottish people have spoke and I still have a clear mandate from every single area of Scotland to move forward and guarantee the best deal for the people of Scotland" at a guess the mis-guided fool that she is.

• Like 1

Just now, wazzap24 said:

It's going to be very interesting to see what they do. 

It will have to be a different leader, there is no doubt of that. Different manifesto? Not sure about that. 

If they stick to their guns and get a better figure head, they could still return a majority in 6 months, especially if market instability gets people running scared. 

If they change the manifesto in an effort to stop Labour's momentum, they should, quite rightly, get absolutely ripped in the media. The public would be mad not to see through it and throw them back in the sea. 

Yes its just been a mess since the referendum result. We do not need another election when they should be focuses on brexit. I hate May 

Just now, Xann said:

IDS is regretting bumping off those OAPs.

Not really,  I suspect John Redmond is going to put forward a bill for the dead to still be able vote via John himself in certain constituencies where Labour did well with the young vote.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Absolutely agree Paul I get people want tories out but this is going to cause so many more problems as nothing is ever going to be passed through parliament. 

When what they have been passing through parliament means a shitter life for those already with the least, shitter lifes for disabled people, young people saddled with huge debts and the destruction of our public services then if this election result means those kind of policies can no longer be passed then f**kin fantastic.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

When what they have been passing through parliament means a shitter life for those already with the least, shitter lifes for disabled people, young people saddled with huge debts and the destruction of our public services then if this election means those things can no longer be passed then f**kin fantastic.

Lets take your young people example then Mark, so Corbyn says I want to scrap tuition fees, May says no. So therefore nothing happens. imagine brexit, May comes back and says I got this deal, labour says na don't like that then she drags on for even longer. meanwhile pound plummets and we suffer. like Paul said I would rather a majority win for labour or conservatives than this. Its going to be absolute mess 

13 minutes ago, darrenm said:

May booking an audience with the Queen as quick as she can before the party gets the leadership plot going?

I hope the Queen tells her to **** off. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets take your young people example then Mark, so Corbyn says I want to scrap tuition fees, May says no. So therefore nothing happens. imagine brexit, May comes back and says I got this deal, labour says na don't like that then she drags on for even longer. meanwhile pound plummets and we suffer. like Paul said I would rather a majority win for labour or conservatives than this. Its going to be absolute mess 

Yes the Conservatives have to compromise  a bit but we are still not going to get the scapping of tuition fees, £10 minimum wage, better social care. it just makes things far more messy and has a bad effect on our economy 

Â