General Election 2017

ender4

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So what's the goss people, they started counting yet. Any early ideas on the outcome?

Conservatives stay in power, country continues to go down the shitter. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rodders said:

A President doesn't have to be Head of State does he?

I guess it's just a title that you're free to use as you choose. We have a president of parliament in Norway who officially outranks the prime minister but is neither head of state (the king) or head of government (the pm). 

However, usually a country's president is head of state, but not necessarily head of government (e.g. Italy and Germany). 

Edited by Michelsen

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So what's the goss people, they started counting yet. Any early ideas on the outcome?

Counting starts at 10. Exit poll will be out around then. First result is usually Sunderland before 11.

It'll be a Tory majority. The question is how horrific a majority.

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Polls don't close until 10pm. We'll get exit polls very soon after that, and historically they have been very reliable. Last time they underplayed the Tories by about 10-15 seats.  We'll get a very good idea in about an hour what the ballpark numbers are, but either way everyone is expecting Tory rule - bar the dreamers! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Conservatives stay in power, country continues to go down the shitter. 

Motto of conservative parties 'we take from the poor and give to the rich'

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I can get behind this movement.

I've often thought about becoming an MP but I've got way too many skeletons in my closet, and I wouldn't fancy the pay cut either.  I'd be well up for ruffling some feathers though.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

I've often thought about becoming an MP but I've got way too many skeletons in my closet, and I wouldn't fancy the pay cut either.  I'd be well up for ruffling some feathers though.

Didn't stop *insert scandal riddled Tory here*...

Funnily enough a colleague said I should have pursued a career in politics the other day. I'm not sure I'm obedient enough to tow the party line...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

It has been an interesting campaign at times but hopefully regardless of who the government turns out to be we can all get behind them and give them the chance to put their policies in place.

Ha ha ha.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Buy a bigger closet and put it on your expenses 

• Like 1

Â