Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Germany sending the first of four IRIS-T SLM air defence systems to Ukraine ASAP

Like they couldn't have done that months ago but hey ho

It would have been quicker for the UK to buy them and then receive the shipment and ship out again to Ukraine.  

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Just now, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It would have been quicker for the UK to buy them and then receive the shipment and ship out again to Ukraine.  

Not so sure, I read up on it further and these were ordered and made specifically for Ukraine they are more advanced and capable than anything Germany has itself. So as well as being specifically made, they also had to have Ukrainians to train to use them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They know they can never win this war so just seek to destroy.

It's a proper brilliant video,  heart rate increased it was really weird.

They can't destroy forever,  every time Russia fire anything is a day closer to them running out of something. 

They probably have put some away for a rainy day, stole some and then proceeded to move it to entirely inappropriate storage facilities for the ammunition at hand.  Like,  someone's Nan's house, becasue she has a big spare room.

Inventory integrity is not their strong point I understand.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not so sure, I read up on it further and these were ordered and made specifically for Ukraine they are more advanced and capable than anything Germany has itself. So as well as being specifically made, they also had to have Ukrainians to train to use them

Fair enough,  thx.

I will let them off this time,  but I am watching them.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Ukraine *are* forcing them out, though. Then Putin needs an excuse for why he's been forced out. "We had to redeploy to a different front to defend our allies" might be more palatable internally than, "we got whooped by those Ukrainian Nazis".

But yeah just a thought, not based on any evidence... just struggling to understand what Putin gets out of this Belarus ploy!?

It may well be to try and distract Ukrainian forces but there is zero chance of it working tbh. Both Vlad and his fat pal have talked so much crap they're like the boys who cried wolf. 

I just don't see Russia leaving Ukraine anytime soon. They've been plotted in Crimea and the Donbas for 8 years, so they can't just walk away after all the bullshit in regard to annexation of territory. Things will de-escalate at some point, but the end won't be anytime soon imo and many more will die in the process. 

What people need to understand is Putin has signed Russia up to decades of problems. Anyone in the West not expecting this to continue for some time yet are going to be severely disappointed because even without Putin Warlords/Governors will still exist in these lands. Even if he died tomorrow the devastation has been such that it will take lifetimes to forget what has been done between nations and the communities within. Some f***ing legacy he will leave.

We in the West need to get real about the problems in Ukraine. Stop pissing about and give them sufficient armament in order to push Russia out the door for good and control these regions. Otherwise get used to the fact we are going to get f***ed over by our own governments for the foreseeable future while they continue to stroke each others egos, pretending they're doing all they can while drip feeding Ukraine just enough to keep going.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks like something is happening in Belarus. Polish embassy telling all their citizens to leave.
It's being reported Putin will have another crack at Kyiv via Belarus. 

Can somebody like @KentVillanor @magnkarl tell me why this is going to fail? IF it is going to fail?

Because the Belarus army is significantly shitter than the Russian army, and the Russians couldn’t take Kyiv even with a degree of surprise on their side. Now the Ukrainians have better gear than before, have a lot more battlefield experience, and are presumably pretty heavily dug in around there in a way they weren’t previously.

It’d be a great way for Belarus to lose its army. And if they didn’t fancy joining in the initial attack I don’t see why they’d fancy their chances any more now. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks like something is happening in Belarus. Polish embassy telling all their citizens to leave.
It's being reported Putin will have another crack at Kyiv via Belarus. 

Can somebody like @KentVillanor @magnkarl tell me why this is going to fail? IF it is going to fail?

Its going to fail because the troops Russia has sent have had little more than a weeks training. Belarus has very little in the way of front line troops. It's also very doubtful that Belarus troops are even going to take part if anything happens. They are just as likely to turn on Luka and there will be a coup.

It failed the first time when Russia sent it's best troops and Ukraine wasn't anywhere near as well equipped, manned or trained.

It will fail, I still have my doubts that it will happen.If it does happen, it will be a another shitshow for Russia and Belarus will eventually get rid of Luka, probably much quicker than it would happen naturally.

• Like 2

I get the impression Lukashenko didn't want to or wasn't able to (take your pick) get involved, otherwise he would have contributed long before now.

It sounds like he's had the hard word from Putin though, he's only kept in power through Putin's patronage after all.

Russian leadership sees Belarus as just another region of Russia and if mainland Russian regions are contributing (even having their citizens drafted) whilst Belarus are getting a free pass to watch from the sidelines then that's going to have caused some frustrations back in Mother Russia.   

• Like 1

Â