• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

She really is fully indoctrinated, talking straight up shite. Like most of Putins propaganda shills, she'll not be sent to fight but talks about it as if she will, and has no qualms about making out like dying young should be embraced.  

We have this crap from all governments, there propaganda machines and the old men/women that run them chatting shit about bravado or loss without ever witnessing it close to home. Knowing full well other will be sent in their stead. Hopefully in her case Putins government falls at some point and she then understands what it's like to live in fear for your life. 

I see a window fall or car bomb future for her at this rate, same with Solovyov. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This was yesterday or the day before. More pictures of the 31 vehicles in the thread

There’s videos from a week back with the same thing, it’s been happening in waves since 5 or so days. A count seems to indicate around 50 ifvs and another 20 tanks destroyed in one week.

So what's the prediction? Russia runs out of victims to send to their deaths, Prozghin accidently falls out a window/stairs, Ukraine take full control of their country back with NATO weapons over the next 12 months and then Russia resorts to terrorist attacks for the next few years and political meddling.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

So what's the prediction? Russia runs out of victims to send to their deaths, Prozghin accidently falls out a window/stairs, Ukraine take full control of their country back with NATO weapons over the next 12 months and then Russia resorts to terrorist attacks for the next few years and political meddling.

Hopefully this. 

Putin dies soon. 

There is a massive internal power struggle that doesn't lead to civil war but does seriously undermine operations in Ukraine. 

Whoever comes to power in Russia blames Putin for everything.   

New Russia withdraws to old borders and negotiates a settlement whereby Crimea reverts to Ukraine but is Policed by a neutral country for a set period.  

NATO agree a demilitarised zone on both sides of NATO/Russian borders. 

We invade France. Just in case.  

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I must say this latest 'build up of troops' by Russia is a little ominous to me as a layperson. I take it there are reasons why it won't work?

They don't really have any proper weapons and can't make them/import them fast enough. Their supporters like North Korea & Iran aren't exactly superpowers and will not want to be seen to be handing over train loads of weapons to Russia as they are the losing side in all this. Russia's plan seems to be to win by having more soldiers than the opposition. It doesn't work that way. The NATO weapons Ukraine have will be able to shred any Russian offensive resulting in more massive troop losses for Russia.  It won't all be plain sailing though, plenty of death and misery on both sides.

Edited by villa89
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I must say this latest 'build up of troops' by Russia is a little ominous to me as a layperson. I take it there are reasons why it won't work?

A million troops to run at machine guns. 

The build up at the start of this was with trained regular soldiers, masses of armour, all equipped as well as Russia can equip troops, running up against Ukrainian Soldiers that were less well trained and far less well equipped than they are now. 

It's hard to see what this lot could achieve that the first lot couldn't, other than die quicker. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

The build up at the start of this was with trained regular soldiers, masses of armour, all equipped as well as Russia can equip troops, running up against Ukrainian Soldiers that were less well trained and far less well equipped than they are now. 

It's hard to see what this lot could achieve that the first lot couldn't, other than die quicker. 

You could also argue, though, that the first lot didn't go into it prepared for any kind of fight back and left themselves vulnerable in ways the new troops won't. 

• Like 1

There is a lot of misleading information about tank loses.  So take everything I write below with a  pinch of salt. 

But even Russian sources are now reporting massive loses.  One credible Russian source estimates they have lost 50% of the tanks that were in service before the war.  They have been replaced  by stored tanks that are much older , much less effective and sitting ducks for modern weapon.  Debate rages on the forthcoming offensive.  Should they use their best tanks to punch through Ukrainian lines?  Or keep them to counter  the NATO tanks that will be delivered?  

On the other side Ukraine is now believed to have more tanks than before the war.  Loses have been replaced by captured Russian Tanks most of which were the more modern ones.

Tank loses seem to have more psychological impact than troop loses.  Russians still have that WW2 mindset of massive loses but ultimate victory with tanks rolling over the enemy. 

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

Russia can't win this war. All these can do is throw 10s of thousands of men, Walking dead style and try to take the Donbas region in full, whilst fortifying a land bridge to Crimea. They will Annex, sorry "liberate" that region then say they want peace. Don't be surprised if Russia don't move a lot of their citizens into the Donbas nearby, then portray Ukraine to be the bad guys killing innocent Russian Grandmas.

Ukraine will not want peace and with new Western technology online they will feel confident in retaking their land. With an open peace plan, it will test Western resolve for a 20 year conflict which costs everyone. There will be a temptation to just give Russia their slice of Ukraine and move on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Russia can't win this war. All these can do is throw 10s of thousands of men, Walking dead style and try to take the Donbas region in full, whilst fortifying a land bridge to Crimea. They will Annex, sorry "liberate" that region then say they want peace. Don't be surprised if Russia don't move a lot of their citizens into the Donbas nearby, then portray Ukraine to be the bad guys killing innocent Russian Grandmas.

Ukraine will not want peace and with new Western technology online they will feel confident in retaking their land. With an open peace plan, it will test Western resolve for a 20 year conflict which costs everyone. There will be a temptation to just give Russia their slice of Ukraine and move on.

Where is your evidence that we get in to stuff, make massive financial commitments, involve ourselves in tremendous loss of life, then realise we had no coherent long term strategy and end up withdrawing with the situation fundamentally unresolved?

Quote one instance where we’ve done that.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HKP90 said:

It all has to be coordinated perfectly across all the attack points.  I haven't seen anything from Russia that makes me think they can do this effectively.  They might gain a town or two,  at what cost and with what logistics to support the newly taken towns.  Gaining a town with untrained soldiers is not a gain,  its probably a hindrance. The Russian soldiers have no idea what they are doing.

Ukraine may let them move forward but I suspect it's a trap long term.  It will be to encircled and mince them up.  

Â