• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Assuming that Turkey is actually going to do this, it's quite a big deal: it was demanded earlier by Ukraine but resisted by NATO members on the fear that closing the Bosphorus would be seen as a declaration of war on Russia.

Hassling Russian ships is happening on other routes too it seems:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Then you need to read up some more

Its very different 

Not only that, if we accept Putin is Hitler, we need to start a mass attack on Russia. 

So let's be careful with these comparisons. 

• Like 2

It does feel like every day that goes by without a massive Russian victory, pictures of troops and tanks in front of City Civic buildings raising the flag seems like another day of failure for Putin. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

Just now, sidcow said:

It does feel like every day that goes by without a massive Russian victory, pictures of troops and tanks in City Civic buildings raising the flag seems like another day of failure for Putin. 

I'm a bit worried, because as much as I despise Putin, I don't think he is an idiot. This must have all been calculated.

What we don't know, is what is Putin's aim of this attack. 

I hope he is losing, but depending on his objectives (political, not military), the truth might be different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Not only that, if we accept Putin is Hitler, we need to start a mass attack on Russia. 

So let's be careful with these comparisons. 

Meh , couple of charges from the 4th Queen's Own Hussars and we’d soon own  Russia 

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Lukachenko must be literally wetting himself right now. If Putin loses this it’s likely that Ukraine will invade him.

I think that Ukraine that will now be even more westernised is unlikely to start any military offensives of their own. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, magnkarl said:

Lukachenko must be literally wetting himself right now. If Putin loses this it’s likely that Ukraine will invade him.

I think you mean Lukashenko.  Likely? Why would Ukraine invade another state?  They are defending themselves in the name of democracy and want peace. 

40 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Surely this is a good time for Chechnya, Kurdistan, Georgia and other mistreated countries to rebel against their dictator overlord? Russia can’t be everywhere.

Aren't the Chechnyans enroute to Ukraine to fight for Russia?

10 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Belarus’s role in all this , Is something that the rest of the world  should remember when this is over.

not that Lukashenko will care  

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, homah_7ft said:

Be careful of wishful thinking. The truth is we don't know much of what is happening at this stage. I wouldn't put too much store on China's abstention right now since they also did this during the annexation of Crimea. It's only been a short time since the invasion began, so to say Russia hasn't rolled over the whole of Ukraine this morning does not show their invasion is bogged down.

I do hope the Russians pull back but I can't see them doing that without inflicting as much damage as possible first in order to bring all the cards to the negotiation table and partition the country.

It would be proper shit especially for Ukraine but say Crimea, Lushansk and Donetsk can join Russia and all Russia supporters can go and live there, while the rest of Ukraine joins Nato is probably the play

Russia are becoming more and more isolated by the hour. Every hour Ukrainians hold out pressures Russia more and more and the rest of the world to aid them however possible. Russia will take a long long time to recover from this as a nation. 

Â