Champions League Draw Last 8

andykeenan

Yeah, you do have to wonder just how edgy the Dortmund players must have been feeling. They have been better this second half but they are really not concentrating fully. Really poor error leading to the third Monaco goal (which to be fair was a cracking finish)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Leicester fans trashing Madrid, fighting with police

Just saw this, place is an absolute shit hole, beer bottles and cans all over the floor. Rubbish everywhere. Bare chested over weight men shouting, chanting and goading the police.

Question is though... why do the English football fans always get picked on by locals for no reason when the go abroad?

• Like 3

Love this Monaco team. They play more exciting than Barca these days, can dictate possession and some of their counter attacks are ridiculous.

Said before but beyond me why no prem club went for Gilk who joined them for about 10m. He reminds me so much of Laursen.

Mbappe really is the real deal....him and Dembele leading the line for France for next 10 years, vive la France indeed.

Dortmund certainly aren't at their best for obvious reasons. However given they're signing some brilliant young attacking players....it might be a good idea to get in a decent centre half or two as they've been terrible at the back in big games this season and it's been the case since the last Klopp season, stupid individual errors all the time.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Just saw this, place is an absolute shit hole, beer bottles and cans all over the floor. Rubbish everywhere. Bare chested over weight men shouting, chanting and goading the police.

Question is though... why do the English football fans always get picked on by locals for no reason when the go abroad?

Lots of foreign people don't like the intimidating nature of how English fans abroad take over town squares and chant loudly and all that. We saw enough of that in France in the summer not that it means people deserve to be attacked of course.

I think Atletico Madrid have an ultras supporters gang aswell so they might've had a go at Leicester fans perhaps.

Just now, Genie said:

I absolutely hate English football fans abroad. Why do they think they can behave that way just because they're following a football team?

Yes but why in Madrid but no trouble anywhere else where Leicester have travelled?

I think they've taken 15k to Madrid so more numbers and more fans without tickets so in public squares and pubs.

Plus I'm sure anyone who went to Madrid in 98 on here would say Madrid police are quick to get heavy handed with foreign fans. Madrid is a great city but it's much more intense than Barcelona or Seville.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes but why in Madrid but no trouble anywhere else where Leicester have travelled?

I've no idea. 

Some options:

Cheap beer?

sun shining?

3x as many people as there are tickets?

Factory shutdown week?

The Spanish police force are an absolute disgrace. No matter how many English fans are acting like utter nobheads, and I'm certainly not denying their existence, there is no excuse for some of these videos I'm seeing of them clattering completely innocent fans with batons. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

The Spanish police force are an absolute disgrace. No matter how many English fans are acting like utter nobheads, and I'm certainly not denying their existence, there is no excuse for some of these videos I'm seeing of them clattering completely innocent fans with batons. 

I know what you mean it does look heavy handed, but as a local cop your blood must be boiling watching these pissed up chavs slinging bottles, pissing in the street and generally acting like animals in your home town thinking it's hilarious that someone else is going to have to clean up this massive mess. 

Doesnt make it right I agree.

I just watched a video of a group of fans emptying a bar on a train singing "its f**king free. It's f**king free"

• Like 1

Â