17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

I would say it’s still a reasonable possibility that Cardiff lose the next 2 which would make things very interesting as it’d be their turn to feel nervy going into the game with us.

Not a strong likelihood, but still not in fantasy land.

As such - when added to our need to finish no lower than 4th, we will still hopefully approach each game as a “ nothing to lose/ must win”.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We had that chance had we gotten the 3 points on Saturday. As it stands we have to hope for them to lose 3 games out of 7 (not including us, which would make it 4). If we had won we would only have needed them to lose 2 apart from us, which is entirely possible but even then not very likely given their form.

I think they could lose 4 of those 7 but I cannot see us winning enough points to overhaul Fulham or Cardiff .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We have lost 8 points to 3 bottom half teams. I have zero confidence we will win all of our remaining games

I’m far from confident of beating reading and Norwich this week never mind all 7 games.

What's disappointing in both seasons in the championship is we have started so poorly we are always having to play catchup. Why for the love of god cant we start the seaaon well?

This year was pathetic even worse than last year for the first 4-5.

That's been the biggest frustration for me. Bruce had no excuse for starting the season as badly as he did but he turned it around. This latest collapse has been dreadful and I for one am fed up of him putting us in this position. I don't want him here nezt season of he fails to deliver promotion. He has been backed and has the squad there is no excuse for him now.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I see Cardiff also have a game in hand on us

Yep at derby .

Derby have won at Preston today so are back to only 5 points behind us having played the same games .

could be an interesting game in our last home game .

Edited by Eastie

14 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Tickets are now on sale for Derby at home at 3pm on Saturday 28 April. Does anyone really believe that will not be moved by Sky TV? If so, I’ll buy a ticket.

I think fulham and Cardiff games will be live that weekend

5 hours ago, terrytini said:

I would say it’s still a reasonable possibility that Cardiff lose the next 2 which would make things very interesting as it’d be their turn to feel nervy going into the game with us.

Not a strong likelihood, but still not in fantasy land.

As such - when added to our need to finish no lower than 4th, we will still hopefully approach each game as a “ nothing to lose/ must win”.

We were meant to have approached the last 3 games with that attitude so I'm not sure how much difference it will make.  Maybe the fact Top 2 now looks out of reach there might be less pressure and the players perform better.

We need a serious change in form for some of our playoff rivals in the remaining games. Before todays games : 

Fulham - 17 games unbeaten

Cardiff - An incredible 8 wins in a row and 13 unbeaten

Millwall - 4 wins in a row and 13 unbeaten.

At least Derby look shit although a good win for them today.

34 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I know we've been poor lately but none of the teams below us worry me at all. 

Of the teams below us Millwall look the most dangerous but in a months time it could all change form wise . 

36 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Thanks. Fingers crossed.

I think SKy have to announce it after next weekend so you should know for sure by then but as those 2 are in pole position sky I’m sure would want to see promotion clinched rather than a battle between us and derby for positional advantage .

A couple of weeks ago this game would have been a cert for tv but now we have slipped off the pace .

Edited by Eastie