17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Well we tried using Samba as a striker but that really didn't pan out now did it.

Having a bunch of striker on the pitch but not having a supply line or creativity behind them is just leaving it to chance IMO

I

Trust me, I'm as bewildered as you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

What else do you do, throw defenders on ?

I'm not sure you realise how funny that has come out.:D

Or maybe just sit there and wet yourself.

Edited by TRO

Feel free to give me a slap and tell me to get a grip but Cardiff have Sheff Utd away tomorrow and Wolves at home next Friday. Could it be that when we play them we will be just 3 points behind.

Just in case anyone was wondering yes I have been drinking 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Feel free to give me a slap and tell me to get a grip but Cardiff have Sheff Utd away tomorrow and Wolves at home next Friday. Could it be that when we play them we will be just 3 points behind.

It could be but how frustrating will it be if we miss out on 2nd place by the odd point .

i still feel Cardiff could wobble badly but they have a big cushion and if they are caught I think it will by fulham not us .

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Mark, i have never come across a more rounded and discerning villa fan as you.....but all that matters is what we do......for what the rest do.....cast fate to the wind

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

It could be but how frustrating will it be if we miss out on 2nd place by the odd point .

i still feel Cardiff could wobble badly but they have a big cushion and if they are caught I think it will by fulham not us .

They might have if they were under any pressure but they really arn't now ..infact our best hope not is they get too comfortable and slip up

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

They might have if they were under any pressure but they really arn't now ..infact our best hope not is they get too comfortable and slip up

They won't.....they are set up to not wilt under game pressure, they exert it back, they compete.......They will not faulter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

They won't.....they are set up to not wilt under game pressure, they exert it back, they compete.......They will not faulter.

Why do you think that is? Is it the players or the manager? 

Fwiw I wholeheartedly agree.

Edited by vreitti

25 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Why do you think that is? Is it the players or the manager? 

Fwiw I wholeheartedly agree.

I think it is both as I always do......The manager and the players are in it together in my eyes, the owners rarely see it that way for obvious reasons....but that is my view.Its hard to seperate it as we don't get to hear what is said......The manager might say all the right things, but his instructions are not adhered to.....we will never know, so we blame the manager for ease......some say, well get rid, but that is not do easy either, Gabby, Richards etc.

back to Cardiff

Neil Warnock recruits a certain type of player that fits in to his game plan and will do the job the way he sees it.....He is like any other manager, he can't run on the pitch and do it for them, but he recruits with a mindset that they will carry his instructions and more importantly they are capable of achieving what he is asking.

and that is really key, don't ask them to do, what they are incapable of doing.

His 2 signings in Jan .....Marko Crujic and Gary Madine were typical of what is central to his thoughts.....it is pretty obvious of what he is looking for.....inspired signings imo.

We bought in Axel and Onomah and on paper good signings but in practice we are still waiting to see something of added value.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Don't worry, Eastie. You will not be frustrated. We will miss out on second by much more than one point.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Hope you enjoyed it ! You are dead right and I don’t think it’s anywhere near as sewn up as many think.

I wouldn’t be the least surprised if they lost both those games. Hopefully we go about things with that in mind rather than looking at play offs.

some of ya'll are much more optimistic than I can even understand.  So, I'll just sit here with my whiskey and hope you are right.  Otherwise I'll be stuck with another entire season of crap streams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Better manager maybe, bought in players who fits his gameplane rather than big names he has managed before.....

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Better manager maybe, bought in players who fits his gameplane rather than big names he has managed before.....

Ignoring the wider debate aren't the 'big names he's managed before' Snodgrass and Elmohamady only? For me those players have been two of our better performers over the season and I have no problem with either of them. There are a few others though—Hogan, Lansbury—they'd be the major missteps for me regarding signings. 

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Ignoring the wider debate aren't the 'big names he's managed before' Snodgrass and Elmohamady only? For me those players have been two of our better performers over the season and I have no problem with either of them. There are a few others though—Hogan, Lansbury—they'd be the major missteps for me regarding signings. 

Chuck in hogan lansbury and Bree and you have basically 3 squad players who he paid £20m for - when he talks of financial constraints maybe he look at the money he’s wasted too?

That £20m could have been used much better .

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Win against reading and at norwich could secure us a playoff spot. 75-80 points seems to get you there. We win those 2 and it puts us on 76. I just want to lock down a playoff spot. If Cardiff lose tonight and Friday ( possible, 2 tough games ) might make it interesting from a fulham point of view but i think we are out of it. Reading game has QPR written all over it. Surely we have learned plus the significence etc.

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

We had that chance had we gotten the 3 points on Saturday. As it stands we have to hope for them to lose 3 games out of 7 (not including us, which would make it 4). If we had won we would only have needed them to lose 2 apart from us, which is entirely possible but even then not very likely given their form.