2016 Review

chrisp65

As the year drags its sorry arse to a conclusion, and as Charlie Brooker struggles to find any material at all for his News Wipe (!) it's time to review...

Good Stuff:

I thought the Euro's were great. That Belgium game was seminal.

One nipper successfully dispatched to Uni.

Attended a few good gigs.

Villa turning a corner and winning a few games.

I've just had possibly the world's finest ever fish n chips. I mean, properly the best ever. No gravy, I'm not a pervert.

There's still at least one woman in this world that will voluntarily touch my penis.

I gambled on spending big money to fix my car. For it to be the right financial call, the car had to go trouble free to December. It did. 

Barry Town getting to a cup final. Our first as a wholly fan owned club.

Bad Stuff:

The obvious stuff. Bombs and shit.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No gravy, I'm not a pervert

Ha!. It's not perverted, or deviant, it's quite, quite normal. You can tell I'm normal, 'cus a lad at work had Pizza with Gravy & Carrots on it, and I was proper shocked.

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Ha!. It's not perverted, or deviant, it's quite, quite normal. You can tell I'm normal, 'cus a lad at work had Pizza with Gravy & Carrots on it, and I was proper shocked.

Are you certain that it wasn't a yorkshire pudding?

• Like 3

Not a great year, work was shit, worst contract I've ever done in 12 years of construction, more accidents in a fortnight than I'd seen in 12 years, my missus' work as even worse she was doing 70 hour weeks in the summer, started the year 14 and half stone I think I'm hovering at 13 right now (so will finish it at 14 and half stone...) did 20k miles on a car I've got a 12k allowance on, music and films went down a lot for me, I've gone from watching a film at the cinema at last once a week to struggling for once a month, wasted a ton of money on villa, had a weird euros half good half bad, had a horrible time in st nazaire, had a great time in Milan, just a bad to nothing special get it out the way kind of year

i did however get a puppy, which for a 32 year old with a pretty care free life is a bit of a change

2017 is the year I get married...a year today after 15 years we'll be tying the knot

Decided to change jobs this year, same company, but move on January the 1st. Scary as I am an expert in my current role and will be starting as a know nothing in my new position.

My dog died this year, massively devastating and still miss the little fella.

My daughter produced a grandson, a boy that makes me grin every single day, he is the best and he has made 2016 the best year.

• Like 1

Busy year for me.

Did my first sprint triathlon at Blenheim Palace

Did my first olympic distance triathlon at Upton on Severn

Won a local club duathlon

Took the family to Florida for a non-stop hugely busy holiday

Ripped out and installed new heating system/boiler and kitchen on my own

It's been ace for me personally but shit overall.

A couple of unexpected (for some) political results and what appears to be an above average amount of famous people dying (although I think the 'above average' bit has been disproved).

I hope it doesn't appear selfish if my review of 2016 centres on the health, happiness and success of my family and friends together with my relationship with my wife and my work/life balance. All things considered 2016 has been a great year.

• Like 2

Not selfish at all. Glad you've had a good year. It's the regular important things like friends and family that keep us sane after all. Politics dismays me and depresses or angers me in the moment but as a reflection of how well a year has gone I'd rather focus on what is within my sphere of influence! 

Personally relationship has improved steadily throughout the year and professionally I nabbed a promotion (small but good for the CV for the next one!) last month. Enjoyed a nice trip to Krakow in summer and now have enjoyed north sweden and the northern lights (good, but perhaps a bit over rated, I was more enthralled by a beautiful clear sky allowing me to see The Milky Way and galaxies for.the first time ). 

Financially things have been a bugger but hopefully 2017 will improve things.

• Like 1

Mixed had the birth of my first child which was amazing but also split up from wife which had been a long time coming.

Met a new girl which is going really well but the ex is using my son against me and stopping me having him at random times including Xmas day

I think my 2016 has bee a decent one. The only barometer I can use is asking myself if I'm in a better situation I was at the start of the year. I believe I am, so its a decent year.

My health is ok at the minute, certainly no worse than last year and currently I feel pretty good. Work is work! Hectic and stressful but had a substantial pay rise this year as well as a bigger bonus than I expected. Financially, I would class myself as more than comfortable, which is a big relief as I know a lot of people can't say the same. I'm thankful for being in this position. 

My parents are adjusting to retirement very well and having the time of their lives, which is a change from 2015, when my Dad's parents both died. Its good to see my Dad enjoying life again. 

The only things I need to concentrate on is exercising more and being healthier. I need to shift a bit of weight and always find an excuse not to do so, but I need to address this asap. Also, I am now committed to getting back in the dating game. I'd got used to being on my own for ages but having spent a lot of time with a lovely woman this year, its made me realise what I am missing. 

Here's to 2017! 

• Like 1

I've worked harder than I ever did when I had a job - for longer hours, with fewer holidays, and no pay. 

But being a granddad has many other compensations. Thank you Bonnie, for cheering up what was otherwise a depressing year. 

This was LAST Christmas:

FB_IMG_1469785461899.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Â