Gareth Southgate

Richard

32 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

So Gareth, your thoughts on English players out there today at this game at Villa Park? Watkins and Konsa particularly shone today...

"Well, we've been impressed by Danny's performance's for Brighton this season and felt he deserves a recall. His holding of the line and experience will be vital when we sub Harry off in the 93rd minute of a game."

"Obviously, Lewis is integral to our squad depth. He was magnificent for us in his last start and we wanted to look at a solution to the right side by playing him on the left and bringing Harry across to his unnatural left to give him game time."

"We have been monitoring Webster for a while and fell he can offer us something different to what we have. He has height and an unorthodox way of playing which we can utilise in certain games, especially when we need to move Harry to his unnatural right side of defence."

Guys a twonk. Konsa should have been integrated 3 seasons ago.

"So Gareth, what did you think of the potential England stars on show today?"

"Well...Danny was starved of service, we can't judge him too harshly on that performance.

"Danny Welbeck? Who's been out of the England frame for years? What about Ezri Konsa who kept him quiet?"

"Who?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

So Gareth, your thoughts on English players out there today at this game at Villa Park? Watkins and Konsa particularly shone today...

"Well, we've been impressed by Danny's performance's for Brighton this season and felt he deserves a recall. His holding of the line and experience will be vital when we sub Harry off in the 93rd minute of a game."

"Obviously, Lewis is integral to our squad depth. He was magnificent for us in his last start and we wanted to look at a solution to the right side by playing him on the left and bringing Harry across to his unnatural left to give him game time."

"We have been monitoring Webster for a while and fell he can offer us something different to what we have. He has height and an unorthodox way of playing which we can utilise in certain games, especially when we need to move Harry to his unnatural right side of defence."

And now I just see this. Amazing 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

"So Gareth, what did you think of the potential England stars on show today?"

"Well...Danny was starved of service, we can't judge him too harshly on that performance.

"Danny Welbeck? Who's been out of the England frame for years? What about Ezri Konsa who kept him quiet?"

"Who?"

“I’m a massive fan of George Ezra and listen to his album when I’m trimming my bonsai tree”

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

The commentator on tnt had the gaule to say about safegate “they love him here as an ex player. Always welcomes back by the Villa fans” I almost chocked 

Yes.

I must admit I belted out a howl of laughter when he came out with that shite.

... just like the same commentator reminded us twice we're away in Europe this week.

Along with.. "Brighton are averaging 4 goals a game under De Zerbi.. and the score here shows"  🤪

Back to Lousegate, he looked thrilled to be at Villa Park!...  As always.  😂

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

“What excuses can I use this time”

The same ones he used when he refused to play Grealish until he moved to a 'big club'. 

'Of course Ollie's game improved massively under the stewardship of Ten Hag after he moved to Man United. Yes he played 4 times in a team that finished 14th, but his movement has come on leaps and bounds. He just gets in ahead of Danny Welbeck this time'.

10 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

My level of dislike for the man is quite ridiculous given that it is only(!) a game and his level of success far outweighs any of his predecessors.

A bit harsh on Sir Alf Ramsey

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

It’s been widely noted that Southgate appeared nonplussed by Watkin’s performance yesterday, which we kind of expected.

However I thought Watkins muted response on being asked about how he felt about Southgate being present - ‘I’m scoring goals, it’s up to him’ screamed out that he knows he’s not favoured for the national team and probably doesn’t expect a recall anytime soon.

I image Southgate was yesterday there primarily to check on the Brighton players. 

Almost definitely to watch dunk

He's got a starting CB problem, back up striker problem and a central midfield problem

C&B glasses on we've got the answer to all 3 of those problems

Konsa I'd feel the most sorry for as the CBs are a shambles and his form is great but long term JJ is the one that Southgate should be looking at and hoping to get the most out of by next summer, England desperately need to find another midfielder to oust Henderson

Rice, Bellingham, Ramsey as a 3...

Abd based on the u21s Ramsey is the one who should progressing and stepping up, he was bossing it before his injury

• Like 2

Another of Southgate's lovers, Coady, has been dropped by Leicester despite only having just joined. He was even left out when they played a back 3.

Southgate's talent ID is as bad as his coaching abilities.

Â