Gareth Southgate

Richard

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Interesting reading the last 7 pages of this thread, but I'm a bit confused and unsure . . . what do you guys think of the England manager, Gareth Southgate?

If you go back far enough you'll see people saying Southgate is useless because he didn't play Grealish, now he's useless because he does. 

To an outsider that would make us look fickle but I think it's very understandable. 

Interesting how quickly things can change in football. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If you go back far enough you'll see people saying Southgate is useless because he didn't play Grealish, now he's useless because he does. 

To an outsider that would make us look fickle but I think it's very understandable. 

We’re not fickle, we just don’t like him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The perfect World Cup would be Southgate getting absolutely humiliated and the FA still giving him a new 6 year deal :P 

They'll still gift him some director role at the FA, some sort of title with "technical" in it, maybe even ask William to step down so he can have his job (at the FA not the Palace...)

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'll still gift him some director role at the FA, some sort of title with "technical" in it, maybe even ask William to step down so he can have his job (at the FA not the Palace...)

I actually think Southgate would be quite good as a technical director or something like that. He clearly had some good ideas about modernising the national team, he just has absolutely no idea on tactics

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

It’s not black and white though is it?

He was playing brilliantly for us and was ignored. He’s playing shit for City and gets chances.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

It’s not black and white though is it?

He was playing brilliantly for us and was ignored. He’s playing shit for City and gets chances.

I didn't say it was black and white. 

5 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

We’re not fickle, we just don’t like him.

I didn't say we were fickle. 

36 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I didn't say it was black and white. 

I didn't say we were fickle. 

Suggesting that people are now against Grealish compare to a different tone, period and form is very black and white. Southgate wanted him to be in “top form” and didn’t play him when he was incredible for us and now he’s awful for City and Southgate doesn’t care. Much like Philips being injured for the whole of the season and getting into the team. 

It’s black and white thinking because times have changed, form has changed, situations have changed. 

16 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Suggesting that people are now against Grealish compare to a different tone, period and form is very black and white. Southgate wanted him to be in “top form” and didn’t play him when he was incredible for us and now he’s awful for City and Southgate doesn’t care. Much like Philips being injured for the whole of the season and getting into the team. 

It’s black and white thinking because times have changed, form has changed, situations have changed. 

I wasn't suggesting anything, purely pointing out other people's posts. 

I then said it's understandable why people criticised Southgate, both back then and now. 

Â