Top Gear

Jez

:shock:

I've just built an Evoque with the same(ish) spec as my Freelander..... its £50k!

Well then you have an extremely high spec Freelander.

And the equivalent spec on an Evoque will be far superior.

The highest cost Evoque is around £45k with the basic options for that Trim Level. Additional extras push it just over £50k, IIRC, so you've essentially built the highest spec Evoque possible

I have and yes..... I did. :lol:

I've just built an Evoque with the same(ish) spec as my Freelander..... its £50k!

The highest cost Evoque is around £45k with the basic options for that Trim Level. Additional extras push it just over £50k, IIRC, so you've essentially built the highest spec Evoque possible

Well a top of the range Freelander, with all the extras will cost around £40k, so a £10k difference isn't exactly ridiculous given the superiority of the Evoque (albeit a loss of practicality)

Well a top of the range Freelander, with all the extras will cost around £40k, so a £10k difference isn't exactly ridiculous given the superiority of the Evoque (albeit a loss of practicality)

We're doomed not to agree on that last point are we.....? :lol:

£10k extra for an uglier less practical car? I'll pass.

Well the superiority in performance, emissions, fuel economy, luxury, technology, comfort to name a few are all pretty much fact, rather than opinion, like the looks.

And it's that stuff that you pay the extra for, which is why it's £10k more expensive.

if you think it's uglier and less practical, and that's all you care about (which is fine) then we still make Freelanders for you. So everyone's happy.

I actually really enjoyed parts of it.

It was back to the silly, completely unrealistic stuff, which wasn't great.

But parts of it were hilarious, the first viewing of Hammond's edit in particular.

Saw a few on the road today , all being driven by women

Am slightly concerned it may be a chicks car but as facebooker's will know I also pranged my car today whilst parking it so maybe a chicks car is about right for me just now

Girlcarguycar.com has it coming down

63% to 37%

In favour of being a car for guys

The BMW x3 is 52% guy v 48% chick for comparrison

Was only really today when it occurred to me I hadn't seen any men driving one that It may be a car aimed at the school mums

Saying that the mini is a girls car to me and yet quite a lot of blokes drive them

It's interesting in that it really shouldn't matter, but that is the same loop I went through with the Mini.

I really fancied one, I could afford it.....then I noticed sooo many of them were driven by girlies. To my shame I backed out of buying one with that as the main reason.

Car choice coming up again in about 10 months and I've promised myself to have another look.

I was under the impression they were designed and pitched at WAG's?

No they weren't.

But they were intended to attract MORE female buyers, but not exclusively.

Judging by Tony's stat up there it's done pretty well.

It's interesting in that it really shouldn't matter, but that is the same loop I went through with the Mini.

I really fancied one, I could afford it.....then I noticed sooo many of them were driven by girlies. To my shame I backed out of buying one with that as the main reason.

Car choice coming up again in about 10 months and I've promised myself to have another look.

Depends on your choice of Mini. Get the Cooper S Works version and it will blow your mind....... Brilliant, brilliant little car.

Last nights episode was one of the worst ive seen, nearly as excruciatingly bad as the terrible 'design your own train' episode from the series before last. Truly awful. Yet the series opener was a great episode. So annoying.

I enjoyed it .. think the whole series has been fine so far ... not sure exactly what it is people want from the show ? we can't have Clarkson riding around BBC centre in a small car asking for a push out the lift every week :-)

another celeb to add to the "nice bloke " list as well

I enjoyed it .. think the whole series has been fine so far ... not sure exactly what it is people want from the show ? we can't have Clarkson riding around BBC centre in a small car asking for a push out the lift every week :-)

another celeb to add to the "nice bloke " list as well

More interesting challenges/races, less false scripted unfunny crap. Just let the situation they are in cause some genuine reactions, as when they are taking the piss out of each other and having a proper laugh it can be really funny.

Yeah Ryan Reynolds seemed like a nice bloke, never knew he was canadian though.