The push for the Play offs ?

hippo

19 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

The way in which people talk about a player on this forum is in no way representative of their true level. Not even close. 

StevieB can decide how much he plays, but in my opinion, Grealish is first name on the team sheet.

(But what do I know, I just post nonsense on a forum!)

I personally don't think he is as good as others do, however, I do think he has some talent. We need to see more of it if we are to compete for the top 6.

Edited by One For The Road

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 18:47, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm more worried about losing the playoffs than the possibility of getting there to be honest.

It would be such a Villa thing to do...get into the play offs with storming form, win the semi finals 6-4 on aggregate and then fail to have a shot on target in the final and lose 1-0.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It would be such a Villa thing to do...get into the play offs with storming form, win the semi finals 6-4 on aggregate and then fail to have a shot on target in the final and lose 1-0.

Wait....have i missed something?

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Literally just had this conversation with a colleague, that is the Villa way especially in the past few finals we have had

Either is fine. Draw is good too. One or both will drop points. Same with a few other fixtures. Newcastle and Birmingham. Reading Sheffield. Ladder will look better if we win.. regardless of results. we will be closing the gap again with a win. Huge game for us.

• Like 1

Leeds won't make the top 6. Neither will SHA.

I reckon it will be Derby, Sheff Weds, us and then a surprise. Said Bristol City at start of season but they've fallen away. Reading have quietly hit a very good run of form bar last week. Would quite like them in the mix purely as that's the only away ground we've won at in 18 months!

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looked at the table and we have drawn 10 bloody matches, pretty much double everyone else, bloody late goals ffs! All things considered we could have been top of the friggin table!

The problem is a draw at the bottom of the league is valuable......at the top its like a loss.

Our form since Bruce has arrived would have us comfortably in the play offs. Come the end of the season we will be in the Play Offs if this level of form continues, though a couple of signings in January would be a big boost. 

A new centre half and a central midfielder who can improve the starting line up and a back up goalkeeper on loan please! 

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

We really don't need a CB.

We need the following (in order of priority) all more than we need a CB.

1.Back up keeper

2. Midfielder x 2

3. Striker

4. Right back

I think we need a CB, we only have 3. A couple of injuries andf Cissokho will be in there and that's a no from me.

The midfield certainly needs some work, 2/3 are needed for that area of the pitch