January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

Just now, Eastie said:

Big signing - very interesting - will be dull once this window has ended - it's been thrill a minute stuff ;)

Won't be that long before we all start speculating on the summer transfer window!!! :-)  Can you imagine how nuts that is going to be after the last 3 weeks????

• Like 1

Crap deal, if it's Taylor + £5 mill as mooted. 

Ayew might not be a Bruce kind of player, but £8 million is well below his market value.  With the hit we're likely to take on McCormack either this window or the next, it's nice to know that there are still bargains kicking about. 

Just a shame that it is us generously doling them out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HolteExile said:

Ayew might not be a Bruce kind of player, but £8 million is well below his market value.  

Why?

Snodgrass went for £10m and he's a much better player. I like Ayew as stated but, he isn't quite the player I want him to be. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

I'd genuinely love Akinfenwa to sign for us, just for the publicity stunt and what he still has to offer, he also comes across as a proper likeable bloke.

I also was thinking that the Taylor signing could be some sort of publicity stunt in all honesty, as bad as it sounds. I know we're targeting having a bigger audience in the east and in India and China particularly. Having someone who wins the British Asian player of the year award almost by default every 2 years wouldn't hurt that?