January 2017 transfer window

Jareth

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Mainly that he has lots of championship and league 1 experience plus the fact Man U keep renewing his contract - not saying that guarantees him being good but it's a good pedigree and also we need someone to settle in quick and he has had a lot of loan spells so is used to parachuting in some place new. 

Oh, how low we have fallen. So Man Utds 3rd or 4th choice keeper is a step up now ?

I don't see that Johnstone will be any improvement on Gollini, and would rather we progress the career of our own player rather than totally demoralise him.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

No to Delph. Don't want to see anyone in who treated the club so badly. 

I'd welcome some ex players back but not Delph. 

Treated the club so badly- take a look around you- may I be so boldly as to suggest ?

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If I'm a decent midfielder I'm looking at this squad and thinking, I can work with that. Heck, I could be a bloody hero. 

Absolutely.

It's what I thought about any manager coming in during the summer.

It would only have taken 4 wins in the first 6 and we'd have been singing from the rooftops!

A mobile, composed midfielder will turn our side around.

8 hours ago, dukes said:

Oh, how low we have fallen. So Man Utds 3rd or 4th choice keeper is a step up now ?

I don't see that Johnstone will be any improvement on Gollini, and would rather we progress the career of our own player rather than totally demoralise him.

Steve Bruce disagrees with you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NottingVilla said:

Word is Golini is back off to Italy though hence he's not been playing. I doubt Man Utd's 3rd choice keeper is as crap as Bunn. (Or Gollni).

Hadn't heard that, I agree that Johnstone is probably a step up from Bunn (as is Gollini), where both Gollini and Johnstone will falter is that they need the experience of playing regularly. If Gollini is off then the loan of Johnstone makes more sense, but I have a feeling in years to come we will regret letting him leave.

It does seem mad to develop Johnstone over Gollini, especially as he's on loan and the benefit will be Man United's. But if Gollini is leaving then we need a replacement. We also don't know how good Johnstone really is, I'd imagine Bruce thinks he's the better option. 

On the whole I'd rather we kept Gollini so he can continue to develop. Unfortunately he won't do so as quickly if he's not playing. 

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Pay Murphy knows things, but he doesn't know everything. 

I wouldn't worry. To not sign a couple of midfielders this January would be negligent and I don't have Bruce (or Xia) down as that. 

I don't think paying Murphy is the answer, Trent gets more right than him ;)

Just now, Fight Like Lions said:

Diego Poyet is currently a free agent, CM with Championship experience. Can't imagine his wages would be particularly high and he would add something to the squad. 

He usually gets snapped up quickly! Surprised he's still free. 

;)

• Like 2