Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4th is not a disaster I’m more upset at these mini bad runs we have had under bruce. This is the second season it’s happened. We started the season dreadfully which has cost us and the last five games, geez had we won even one of those games we would be in the verge of promotion.

i will have to wait and see how Bruce does in the play offs. I think the last time in the play offs sums bruce up, win the first leg 3-0 then lose the second leg at home 2-0. That is so a villa thing to do under bruce 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Boring football does not equal winning football . Hence, Pullis getting the sack at Albion.

Wolves are a prime example of a team who play winning exciting football. That is what I want to see Villa doing. 

Who is saying it does.....but unless you possess the best players who can execute champagne football you have to cut your cloth accordingly to organise wins.

I think Villa have played some exciting football at times this season.....we are just short on consistency.

My biggest concern versus our direct competitors is our ability to drop much lower in standards, when we have a bad day.

but its all very subjective.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Easy to say now, after they've played free flowing football for much of the season. Funny how they've looked good, be interesting to see how they'd have been under Bruce. Probably similar to us now, in a good position because of their individual quality without having looked much good.

Bearing in mind all our vital "championship experience", ours is better for this league.

wolves are no doubt a good side and imo will do ok in the prem.

but they have won many games this season too on individual brilliance as opposed to JUST total football.

They too have had moments of dour football where sparring was their only joy.

ask the Wolves fans.

When we watch our team we see the warts 'n all......in the main, when we see our competitors, we see the highlights.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

but they have won many games this season too on individual brilliance as opposed to JUST total football.

ask the Wolves fans.

When we watch our team we see the warts 'n all......in the main, when we see our competitors, we see the highlights.

They've consistently played more attacking football than us and have more points because of it.

If we had played attacking football more often, we'd have more points.

We still could go up. But it's going to be a battle instead of a cruise.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

ask the Wolves fans.

Give credit  where credit is due. Wolves have played consistently, decent, attractive, football. I bet you could count on one hand  the amount of times they've played " dour " football. 

I've yet to hear any of our competitors say we're a team that play great football. Effective, maybe. But that's a little different. 

Let's just hope we achieve our aim. Then hopefully, we can find a manager to take us to the next level. The important thing is, that we will do ok in the Prem, should we get there. 

• Like 1

I'll be disappointed if we fail to go up as I would like to see how we build in the summer now that Dr Tony is in charge as opposed to Lerner. I get the FFP bit now we're in the Championship but who knows what would happen if we went up.

Who knows if it would be a struggle to stay up.

However, if we fail to get promoted we absolutely need to replace Bruce.

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They've consistently played more attacking football than us and have more points because of it.

I am watching Wolves now against bottom of the table Blues.

They have their moments of uninspiring stuff just like all if us.

but if its consistency you allude to.....I would agree.

29 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Give credit  where credit is due. Wolves have played consistently, decent, attractive, football. I bet you could count on one hand  the amount of times they've played " dour " football. 

I've yet to hear any of our competitors say we're a team that play great football. Effective, maybe. But that's a little different. 

Let's just hope we achieve our aim. Then hopefully, we can find a manager to take us to the next level. The important thing is, that we will do ok in the Prem, should we get there. 

Well, we can all search for words.....but what i am watching is hardly rivetting stuff against a poor blues side.

I did say in general Wolves are a good side

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, we can all search for words.....but what i am watching is hardly rivetting stuff.

In fairness the job is done and they are up so I can see why they’d take their foot off the gas today - they are playing against a very shit team too ;) 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, we can all search for words.....but what i am watching is hardly rivetting stuff.

Yet they are winning.

I've said before I don't think it's the poor football at times that bother the fans. It's the poor football combined with the poor results. 

If we played dire defensive football every week (not that we do) yet got promoted I doubt anyone would care. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I am watching Wolves now against bottom of the table Blues.

They have their moments of uninspiring stuff just like all if us.

but if its consistency you allude to.....I would agree.

Maybe the players were groggy from celebrating promotion last night.

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Well, we can all search for words.....but what i am watching is hardly rivetting stuff against a poor blues side.

I did say in general Wolves are a good side

Trust me, I'll take their manager over ours without a thought. I just we could take their position, but there you go. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yet they are winning.

I've said before I don't think it's the poor football at times that bother the fans. It's the poor football combined with the poor results. 

If we played dire defensive football every week (not that we do) yet got promoted I doubt anyone would care. 

Exactly, its not like we play consistently winning football. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don’t get the comparison, it’s like a Premier League fan wanting their club to have been more like Man City......yes I know we e spent but take two terrific players out that Wolves side - that they’ve done exceptionally well to get -and they’d be the same as us.

I DO agree Bruce’s apparent fault is his caution, and I’d point particularly to Fulham Away where losing Jack and Albert had him on the back foot, but really you don’t score 67 goals without attacking.....

Also, it’s only an apparent fault, not a quantifiable one, because for all any of us know if we’d been more attacking we could’ve lost more rather than won more, nobody knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Exactly, its not like we play consistently winning football. 

I just don’t  understand the logic.

There are 92 Clubs through the 4 Leagues.

9 have Won more games than us.

Nine.

So we play more consistently winning football than 82 other Clubs.

• Like 2

I just don't get these pointless 'statistics arguments'... I mean anyone can twist em to make a point. It's not really all that difficult. What the **** does premier league or league two games won, or points totals have to do with us, and how we've done this season? Try watching the actual games instead. For instance, take the games we recently lost to Bolton, QPR, and Norwich. Can you honestly see any of the better championship sides succumbing the way we did? Cardiff handily beat Norwich away just yesterday, and that's why they're second. Not because they've won more games than Wycombe Wanderers.

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I just don’t  understand the logic.

There are 92 Clubs through the 4 Leagues.

9 have Won more games than us.

Nine.

So we play more consistently winning football than 82 other Clubs.

Whereas just the season before last there were 91 Clubs who won more than us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Whereas just the season before last there were 91 Clubs who won more than us.

Correct. Last season we were utter garage, this season not so. From a points total, goals scored or games won perspective we've done quite well. But from an actual, pure footballing perspective, we still don't play 'good football', and aren't consistent enough when it most matters, hence the reason we're destined for the playoffs. 

Edited by vreitti
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

I just don't get these pointless 'statistics arguments'... I mean anyone can twist em to make a point. It's not really all that difficult. What the **** does premier league or league two points totals have to do with us, and how we've done this season? Try watching the actual games instead. For instance, take the games we recently lost to Bolton, QPR, and Norwich. Can you honestly see any of the better championship sides succumbing the way we did? Cardiff handily beat Norwich away just yesterday, and that's why they're second. Not because they have a higher points total than Wycombe Wanderers.

Sorry if it grieves you to hear we win a lot.

Yes I know several people who prefer opinions to facts. But if you don’t like it, fine. I prefer it to the subjective stuff especially on the internet where I find logic and rationality often go out the window. I’ve just pointed out a few numbers, sorry if it makes you want to swear !

As it happens, Fulham have lost to Sunderland and Burton,  Cardiff to Blues and Bolton, a,ongst ithers. For goodness sake teams lose games they should Win !!! Have you only just started watching football ?

Â