Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Let's not kid ourselves , Bruce isn't the right manager, he's tactically retarded . The team should have been tweaked from the team he started against BC , small changes in vital areas. O'Hare for Grealish, Landsbury for Hourihane, Whealan for Jedinaxk and Rushden for Hogan.

Instead we had a right mish mash of changes in a system that is completely different to anything we have ever played.

Too many headed clearances from Bruce I'm afraid , I have seen enough. Sack him and sack the person or persons who picked him .

If  big time player got a bad injury bruce would have been crucified. Would make little sense for me playing a close to Bristol team after the brutal xmas fixture list. 

Sack bruce on the back of a 5-0 league win would be utterly embarassing.

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Let's not kid ourselves , Bruce isn't the right manager, he's tactically retarded . The team should have been tweaked from the team he started against BC , small changes in vital areas. O'Hare for Grealish, Landsbury for Hourihane, Whealan for Jedinaxk and Rushden for Hogan.

Instead we had a right mish mash of changes in a system that is completely different to anything we have ever played.

Too many headed clearances from Bruce I'm afraid , I have seen enough. Sack him and sack the person or persons who picked him .

94a52082c65bee13705be069c5e0cc3f--wtf-fu

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its sounds like bruce was experimenting today. Using this as an opportunity to see how certain players would do it other positions should another injury crisis occur. Near enough all of them flopped sp another 5-3-2 failed experiment.

Personally if he was going to experiment i am glad its in this meaningless game. We would never win it and if we were to play a premier league side it would utterly embarassing we would lose with ease.

A poor result and some players badly let the fans down. For me i dont really want to focus too much on this as forest is a far bigger game

Experimenting for me is playing Suliman CB or Doyle Hayes in DM 2 kids that’s could have big futures in those postions. Playing Onomah as DM could even be experimenting as these are things you may try in the season. Birkir will never play DM again. I did ask before but which player should let the fans down? For me none of those brought in did. Bruce had a mare today I just hope he doesn’t overthink for next week. 

36 minutes ago, TRO said:

Was there a hidden agenda?

A ploy to highlight the need for players maybe?

You can't be serious? Surely we have the players to beat a midtable league one side? We played 5 regular first team players ffs.

This simply highlights what's been evident for the last 15 months. Bruce doesn't know what he's doing. He keeps needlessly playing players out if position. Furthermore he just isn't able to get the best out of the players at his disposal, be that the first team or the reserves. He can't be arsed to create any sort of clearcut gameplan, and that's why the inconsistencies don't go away.

Bristol was a fluke. I'm fairly certain we will struggle badly against Nottingham too.

• Like 1

Bit annoying, would rather win than lose but not important and will potentially free up one or two weekends for respite. 

It was more annoying when this used to happen when we were in the prem with nothing much to play for, it's of little concern at the moment as far as I'm concerned. 

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

As though we held it or had any chance of winning it anyway?!? 

Every chance.. they are a league below us and their squad probably cost the same amount as Terry's promotion bonus!

As for the cup.. scrap it if no one takes it seriously anymore.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Sad 1

I didn’t watch the game, but I’m gathering from the comments that Bruce did himself no favours with the team selection and set-up. 

Looking on the bright-side for a moment, if he wants to shoehorn players into a funny side for whatever reason (rotation/ giving youngsters like Green/O’Hare/Bree a game etc) then I’d rather he did it in a cup game than one of our many, many important upcoming league games!

Being able to concentrate on the league gives us a slight advantage, in that respect, over the teams who currently remain: Middlesbrough, sha, Hull, Sheffield United, Millwall, Preston, Norwich, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday, Reading & Wolves. I count a number of rivals there!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Its sounds like bruce was experimenting today. Using this as an opportunity to see how certain players would do it other positions should another injury crisis occur. Near enough all of them flopped sp another 5-3-2 failed experiment.

Personally if he was going to experiment i am glad its in this meaningless game. We would never win it and if we were to play a premier league side it would utterly embarassing we would lose with ease.

A poor result and some players badly let the fans down. For me i dont really want to focus too much on this as forest is a far bigger game

One of the many many reasons why I think modern life is essentially shit is that people think that an FA cup tie is a meaningless game. 

It makes me so sad and I am convinced it's because Sky don't have it and have brainwashed everyone into believing the league is everything. 

Personally I would rather lose the next 5 league matches and win The Majestic, steeped in history FA Cup, which would forever have our name engraved on it for the 8th time. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If  big time player got a bad injury bruce would have been crucified. Would make little sense for me playing a close to Bristol team after the brutal xmas fixture list. 

Sack bruce on the back of a 5-0 league win would be utterly embarassing.

The main players should have been replaced , the system and the cannon fire players should have stayed in.

" Utterly embarrassing" Would it? Let's not forget that the game against BC was a once in an 18 month occurrence that was inspired by a player who won't be here next season if we continue our dreadful performances. 

Bruce is a spent force, clinging onto to one good display in a season and a half of utter crap is hysterical.

Football is all about opinions.

• Like 2

Crap.

I'm consoling myself with that feeling when you're looking forward to a holiday for ages.

I cannot wait for the day he leaves. I'm excited to see us play some football.

He'll leave at the end of the season with a juicy payoff after we've fallen short.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

One of the many many reasons why I think modern life is essentially shit is that people think that an FA cup tie is a meaningless game. 

It makes me so sad and I am convinced it's because Sky don't have it and have brainwashed everyone into believing the league is everything. 

Personally I would rather lose the next 5 league matches and win The Majestic, steeped in history FA Cup, which would forever have our name engraved on it for the 8th time. 

When was the last time a championship team won a fa cup? Its not happening

Maybe when we return to premier league then we can take it more seriously. But at the moment its a not a priority. You are probably in a small minority if you would rather be playing the likes of burton albion and millwall as opposed to arsenal amd chelsea

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tinker said:

The main players should have been replaced , the system and the cannon fire players should have stayed in.

" Utterly embarrassing" Would it? Let's not forget that the game against BC was a once in an 18 month occurrence that was inspired by a player who won't be here next season if we continue our dreadful performances. 

Bruce is a spent force, clinging onto to one good display in a season and a half of utter crap is hysterical.

Football is all about opinions.

Have no idea what you mean about cannon fire players means?

How many teams have middlesboro beaten 5-0? How many have wolves or derby? We battered barnsley and burton 

Yes it would utterly embarrassing. Small heath embarrassing. Why would we sack our manger who in the last two league games won 2 scored 6 and 2 clean sheets? 5 points off 2nd? I am sure sacking bruce would do wonders for for team unity :thumb:

I think it would be a complwte disaster and we would kiss any hope of promotion goodbye. Let bruce stick it out until summer then a decision needs to be made.

• Like 2

Bruce Threw that game.

He picked a team with so many out of position or exposed.

He regularily throws players under the bus by not respecting their traits as players.

By doing this he has disrespected the club and fans.

A disgrace.

After a fluke 5-0 his true colours reappear and will continue to do so in the league.

The guy is damaging the club

Bruce Out

So are their any balanced posters on here that think Bruce messed up big time today? 

It sounds like he did but most people posting would have found a way to have a dig at him no matter the result so hard to judge. 

I just don't care that we are out. But I can understand those that went to the game being frustrated. Not sure what they expected though after so many changes. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So are their any balanced posters on here that think Bruce messed up big time today? 

It sounds like he did but most people posting would have found a way to have a dig at him no matter the result so hard to judge. 

I just don't care that we are out. But I can understand those that went to the game being frustrated. Not sure what they expected though after so many changes. 

Its just another stick to beat bruce with for some i feel. Even if we won they would atill be criticising him for something.

I mean look already posts like "fluke 5-0" 

Â