Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Disaster? Sackable offence?

Given the players and wage budget at his disposal?

Absolutely!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I can now see Henry going on to become a manager so successful we are going to end up regretting not appointing him.

Doesn't matter what he does. I doubt it was ever an option. Just bullshit from one paper.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

I can now see Henry going on to become a manager so successful we are going to end up regretting not appointing him.

that could be so.....but its all about timing.

we are not ready for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

absolutely right.

I can promise you this......2 dominant center Halves at least one, One Target man who can score headed goals and an effective midfielder and we can go up.

without them.....we can all forget it.

I think we need a new keeper to have any chance. 

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

That's your opinion.

I think they can defend as a team better than we can.

We have some players better than theirs.....but as a unit they defend better.

Hang on, defending was supposed to be Bruce's strong point.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

absolutely right.

I can promise you this......2 dominant center Halves at least one, One Target man who can score headed goals and an effective midfielder and we can go up.

Agreed we could be in the mix for Play-Offs......but trouble is to be able to afford those players we will simply have to sell Jack.

Just now, eholm said:

Agreed we could be in the mix for Play-Offs......but trouble is to be able to afford those players we will simply have to sell Jack.

its a tricky old time.....Hogan was the wrong buy, its easy to be wise after the event.....but he is just not right and we couldn't afford to get that wrong....but we did.

• Like 1

I still don't think that Bruce is in the long term plans of the owners.  They have given him chance to prove himself and keep stability and continuity on the playing side which is understandable.  I do think that he will be gone by Christmas.

• Like 4

Ok, he’s staying put for now and hopefully we can do well for whatever reasons but don’t tell me he’s going with 5 at the back this season!! What is he playing at in all these friendlies? Why can’t he let that go?! FFS ?‍♂️

Edited by Jas10

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Wages win matches, lads. 

Look at the league position versus wages of any football league in the world and I think you'll find that most of the time, the highest wage bills occupy the top spots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I still don't think that Bruce is in the long term plans of the owners.  They have given him chance to prove himself and keep stability and continuity on the playing side which is understandable.  I do think that he will be gone by Christmas.

Unless he's top 2 or pushing top 2 of course. Then he's a hero ;)

Just now, romavillan said:

Look at the league position versus wages of any football league in the world and I think you'll find that most of the time, the highest wage bills occupy the top spots.

I agree. I’d be willing to guess that us, Wolves and Fulham had 3 of the higher wage bills in the Championship and all 3 of us were up there. Cardiff were the outliers. Someone had to miss out, right?

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

absolutely right.

Blimey.

Here we all go again lol !

Don't agree.  GK and a CB yes.  But we've lost Terry and Snodgrass.  We have Green this season.  We've lost Grabban who only played 10 games, but we have Kodja who only played 9.  

That's from a Team which, after an atrocious first 7 games, went on to get 76 Points from 39 Games.

And now hes had all those players a lot, lot longer (which is presumably one of the reasons he made more sense than a stranger) .

Yet you say we need another striker and another midfielder, or otherwise (presumably) you will say there was nothing else Bruce could do ?

If we lose Jack or Chester there's an argument that it is significant, but we still should be up around Top 4-6.

But to say "forget it" ? No way....if we keep Jack and Grealish we have to be challenging top 2 again.

I have to say I hope the Owners are more demanding than you will be !!  

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I bet Fulham's wage bill wasn't near to par with us though. They were different class respect to us for the last half of the season.

someone posted a while back - i recall that our wage bill was by far the highest. 

Â