Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, poitier said:

It's a good job we have an experienced bunch of players that can handle the pressure and expectation, an inspirational captain and leader, and a manager who knows what is required in this division, or this run of one win in nine could have been really bad.

One win in 9 ? It’s 4 in 9 - still not good enough though !

• Like 1

Needs to start rotating the team more. Players like Snodgrass and Adomah can't play every game in this league, there's just too many games. The only players who looked sharp today were Grealish and Hogan (even though he was quite poor).

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Getting tired of this ‘all the strikers’  tactic. It’s yet to work and actually costs us points. Daft.

This 100% in Kodjia case i'll make slight exception as he has enough talent to play wide and create but Grabben wide is a waste of time as is Hogan.I'd rather have OHare on bench to come on and try and make things happen 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

That did cross my mind too....he has that look on his face.....maybe they all do.

His comment yesterday about he might have more chance of being here if we go up was telling for me . 

‘He said he has no idea on his future either way promoted or not so clearly the board don’t have that much confidence as wyness said similar recently . 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

One win in 9 ? It’s 4 in 9 - still not good enough though !

Sorry, thought i heard the commentator say 1 in 9 and i didn't bother checking cos i just seem to remember us not winning much lately.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I agreed with the team selection - however the attitude of the team was shocking and nowhere near what was needed for a must win game - players are equally to blame but if Bruce cannot motivate them for a game like this then it’s extremely worrying 

I was half expecting a reversal today.

We asked no questions of the opposition today.

Against reading they just stood off and let us play......These lot have capable players and got about us.....predictable for me......we allow our game to be compromised far too easily.

No fight or intensity.

I thought our back four looked well below par  today.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I was half expecting a reversal today.

We asked no questions of the opposition today.

Against reading they just stood off and let us play......These lot have capable players and got about us.....predictable for me......we allow our game to be compromised far too easily.

I thought our back four looked well below par  today.

Terry is looking his age , Chester looks like he needs a break and the fullbacks were poor in every department ..but Elmohamady especially has his lack of pace exposed time and time again

3 minutes ago, Nabby said:

We went too far one way , as it comes to end of the season those experienced players all look heavy legged ..what we need is an injection of youth and pace 

Exactly .. no way Adomah/ Snodgrass etc can play 3 games in 9 days. Bruce should recognized these & gave the youth a chance. But he’s too weak to make that decision.

9 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Terry is looking his age , Chester looks like he needs a break and the fullbacks were poor in every department ..but Elmohamady especially has his lack of pace exposed time and time again

Time to try axel in defence and rest JT and chezzy for the play offs

Since Wolves, we haves played ponderous, drab, possession football, with endless crosses and corners that ask no questions of anyone, we are completely reliant on individual sparks of skill.

this is nothing new, under Bruce, countless tepid, gutless displays with no improvement or recovery after half time.

Bruce has less than A few weeks to save his job, I have zero confidence that will happen.

20 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Getting tired of this ‘all the strikers’  tactic. It’s yet to work and actually costs us points. Daft.

Everything we do well, goes through the wingers.

We don't really have a central midfield that is rounded enough to deal with all scenario's.....For whatever reason, the wingers have gone, I think the season has caught up with them or the team in its make up have worn them out.

We do not have enough muscle in key area's that can relieve some of the physical demands.....for me , we are worn out....mentally and physically.

There is no fight left, its gone.....sure we go through the motions, not to make it look too obvious......its gone

That was a game today Axel should have come on in his rightful position( but wasn't on the bench).....Terry and Chester looked jaded.....is samba still injured?.....not saying it would have changed the result but every little bit helps.

Taylor looks lightweight, Hogan just isn't working, the centre mid is not strong enough to get the best out of him......How many corners or set pieces do we just squander, no one get his head on the ball....How many aerial balls of any kind do we just come second in?

it all adds up

all in all it looked a buggers muddle and just individual players, trying to make themselves look credible.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Watching with my Norwich supporting friend, at half time I said that Bruce would bring on Kodj and Grabban for Snodgrass and Adomah, and it would happen between 55 and 60 mins. He was blown away when it happened. 

I said, no mate, Bruce is THAT predictable. 

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Everything we do well, goes through the wingers.

We don't really have a central midfield that is rounded enough to deal with all scenario's.....For whatever reason, the wingers have gone, I think the season has caught up with them or the team in its make up have worn them out.

We do not have enough muscle in key area's that can relieve some of the physical demands.....for me , we are worn out....mentally and physically.

There is no fight left, its gone.....sure we go through the motions, not to make it look too obvious......its gone

That was a game today Axel should have come on in his rightful position.....Terry and Chester looked jaded.....is samba still injured?.....not saying it would have changed the result but every little bit helps.

Taylor looks lightweight, Hogan just isn't working, the centre mid is not strong enough to get the best out of him......How many corners or set pieces do we just squander, no one get his head on the ball....How many aerial balls of any kind do we just come second in?

it all adds up

all in all it looked a buggers muddle and just individual players, trying to make themselves look credible.

Need to rest the key players and get them fresh for the play offs now .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Need to rest the key players and get them fresh for the play offs now .

Really don't know what to say Eastie.....The other results are going against us to.

We will do well to stay in the play offs.....The home games may be our only hope.....but on this showing, I am not expecting another win.....it was a s flat as a witches tit.

This is the fighting season and I think ours for whatever reason has gone.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Really don't know what to say Eastie.....The other results are going against us to.

We will do well to stay in the play offs.....The home games may be our only hope.....but on this showing, I am not expecting another win.....it was a s flat as a witches tit.

This is the fighting season and I think ours for whatever reason has gone.

I think one win from here will be enough . 

Need the likes of terry   Chester , snoddy , to be fresh come May 

I can't stand the bloke. Our team individually is the best in the league, he's had a long time with them now and for a must win game he's playing 4-5-1. We look out of ideas when we attack, countless crosses where we're hoping that 5ft9 Scott Hogan can out jump everyone. If we somehow do get promoted, I'd be surprised if he lasted past November. Unfortunately for us if we don't get promoted I can't think of anyone better to replace him who's available.

The main problem I think is Bruce is trying to built a team like based on his beloved  Man U trebled winning team in 1999.. but most modern teams , even in Championship are emulating the playing style of the Barcelona team that gave Man U a football lessons in the Cl finals 2009 & 2011...Look at what Wolves has achieved this season & I know with their current playing style , they have captured many new China / Asia fans. 

All the new money will depend if team can get a big following in China / Asia & i am sure Wolves Chinese owners will have big sponsorship deals line up once they are promoted. WBA can’t cut it due to their dinosaur football under Pulis/Pardew and won few fans but I am sure Wolves won’t repeat the same mistake. 

That’s why  i think Bruce should go , even if he’s take us up. 

I cannot believe I am saying this but I would play Davis up front maybe with Grabban and then get the ball out wide and into the box quickly as I can see the Cardiff manager running rings around Bruce on Tuesday.

Two things after 40 years and counting as a player I never expected from my manager, are my place in the team, and motivation. The first is earned and the second is supplied 

Too many players weren’t playing for their place today and that showed in the lack of motivation.

I don’t think he picked the wrong team today, but he didn’t have the right people on the bench. Throwing all your strikers on might work once in a while but not the greatest of tactics. The team as a whole was really, really, bad. The defense especially were terrible with Terry and Chester having their worst game of the season as a pairing.

I still believe as I have all season we will get through the playoffs, but we have been really poor of late.

We need everyone to click at the right time and that’s going to be our three playoff games. I would love us to help knock Cardiff out of 2nd spot along the way.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

So what should he have done Jim?.....with what he has.

thats not a loaded question, just interested what you think he should have changed.

If he is at fault for me ....is the mental attitude of the players.

Not a clue, I’m not paid millions to make those decisions, but are you telling me he had no other option than to chuck another 2 strikers on and hope for the best? 

If the issue is the mental attitude of the players then why not with a) drop them b ) get to the route cause of the issue and lead them as he is being paid to do?

Bruce must see what we have seen in the 3 games we have lost, if the players aren’t trying. Why? The man is totally inept when it comes to motivating and inspiring this group of players when the going gets tough and he has no idea how to change things. 

Â