Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

52 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Easier than forgetting the mediocre shit we have endured all season Stevo?

Yes. Much easier.

The mediocre shit is why we're not in the top 2, or challenging for it. That's the problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I fully expect us to be out of contention come 2nd Jan. The fixtures coming up are quite difficult, and with Bruces record in difficult fixtures we'll probably drop to 8th or lower.

Bruce got lucky with the fixture list by avoiding these bigger clubs so we were in a bit of a false position in November.

Will DrT accept being out of the playoffs at halfway stage? I don't think so, so Bruce really needs to get his act together in the next few games but I cant see how he can with the way we've been playing all season.

We could lose every game between now and the 2nd and still not be out of contention.

We beat who we had to beat, how was it a false position?

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

This.

Our best chance this season is Steve Bruce, unfortunately.

And that chance is still a fairly good one. It's easy to forget that in this thread.

Bruce is Not our best chance

there is very little chance of promotion with him, given how we play under him

its easy to forget your assertions because they are your opinion. Not facts.   You are entitled to them, of course, but there are reasons they are forgettable.   They don’t match the realities of our play.  

• Like 1

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Bruce is Not our best chance

there is very little chance of promotion with him, given how we play under him

its easy to forget your assertions because they are your opinion. Not facts.   You are entitled to them, of course, but there are reasons they are forgettable.   They don’t match the realities of our play.  

Obviously it’s my opinion. 

I disagree with your opinion. 

The reality is even despite our recent poor run we’re sitting in the playoffs. Which is where I think we’ll finish. 

That gives us a decent chance. 

Its below low where I want and expect us to be. But it’s still a decent chance. 

IN MY OPINION. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Obviously it’s my opinion. 

I disagree with your opinion. 

The reality is even despite our recent poor run we’re sitting in the playoffs. Which is where I think we’ll finish. 

That gives us a decent chance. 

Its below low where I want and expect us to be. But it’s still a decent chance. 

IN MY OPINION. 

Can we revisit this in 4 games? I don't see much loose change out of those

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I‘m pretty sure any of those 18 would break their balls to have a shot with this squad. 

Do you mean a squad with no pace and can't score.

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I don't know what your point is. You have sympathy with him because in your head he's the only manager who has issues to deal with. And it always seems to be the current issue he has that leads you to sympathy. 

I don't know what you are on about......what has other managers issues got to do with us.

I'm talking about Steve Bruce and the tools at his disposal.

"In my head its not that he is the only manager with issues".....thats in your dreams.

"its always the current issue that leads to my sympathy"........Hey, trust me, my heart would go out to any manager with a blunt forward line.....yea, even Steve Cotterill.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

We couldn't beat Boro at home when they had 10 men for 70 - 80 minutes we have no chance at the riverside.

As for Sheffield United and Bristol City they both have managers who galvanize their players and get them playing well above their abilities could you see us turning over Manure?

Considering we have one of the best squads in the division imagine if we had a manager who could do that.....

It would be a change from seeing the same dull, one paced, safety first, percentage football week in week out.

Do we actually have a second gear i haven't seen us use it all season.

No mate not a chance getting the better of Manchester under Bruce. He would set the team up in exactly the same as he did against Spurs.

I also feel Villa will struggle between now and end of January looking at the fixture list but one can only hope the team and Bruce will surprise us?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't know what you are on about......what has other managers issues got to do with us.

I'm talking about Steve Bruce and the tools at his disposal.

"In my head its not that he is the only manager with issues".....thats in your dreams.

"its always the current issue that leads to my sympathy"........Hey, trust me, my heart would go out to any manager with a blunt forward line.....yea, even Steve Cotterill.

But TRO is this not Steve Bruce’s squad now? Did he not spend 12m on Hogan and then fail to play to his strengths?

Is it not his midfield now plus half the defence as well yet you say the team lack pace. I honestly despair at your posts sometimes I really do when you continue to find new excuses for a problem that should be smacking you the face.

Lack of pace, lack of movement or guile, poor performances is squarely down to player purchase and choice by the manager.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Of course they would. We have 2 important players out. 1 is on the verge of returning and 1 has not been involved much anyway. 

The rest is made up of some absolute top quality for this level. 

On paper.....

this team lacks pace

this team can't score

where does this top quality theory come from.......I don't care what they were doing elsewhere, perhaps their mates were carrying them or doing the work.

I watch the games too.....I don't see this top quality, Kodj and JT excepted, possibly SJ

I see a slow, laboured, indecisive,slow thinking,reluctant headers,reluctant movers.

You blame the manager.

I blame them both.....players and manager.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You could quite easily say the fixture list has been unkind when you look at this months games. I dont get all this  "easy games" everyone plays same teams you are where you are because you have obtained the points against whats in front of you.

I am sure sky are going to highlight his record against top 6 teams and bruce will want to address that.

First thing he addressed was not conceding in last 10 mins in games

Then it was to win games

Then it was to win away games

Then it was to win x amount of games in a row

Then it was to win on sky

Now its his performance against top 6 clubs. Be mastered all the ones prior so i expect he will with this too.

If he needs Sky to highlights his problems that’s a massive issue in its self!! 

59 minutes ago, BOF said:

Top 10 versus each other.

34f90aa79ef278b3dee50ba816939be8.png

out of those teams we have been away to 6 of them, and the rest at home. It will be 7 by January 1st when we have played Boro

I dont think any of those sides can say that. if we have key players back i fancy us to beat anyone at home 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

out of those teams we have been away to 6 of them, and the rest at home. It will be 7 by January 1st when we have played Boro

I dont think any of those sides can say that. if we have key players back i fancy us to beat anyone at home 

Preston & Ipswich have also been away to 6 of them.

Below is the league table of AWAY games against the top 10 within the top 10. *ok that's my final table ...

0717b34b6b499d391200841b01edaeff.png

• Like 1

That this team would be lacking pace was as obvious as that our team last season lacked a midfield. And the result for it is exactly as expected.

This is why a lot of us was critical of the transfer strategy of signing a lot of elderly slow players with their best time behind them.

It can't have come to a surprise to Bruce or anyone else that this is and issue and I've no doubt it's a issue he was fine with.

Guess you can argue it's all we could afford with the money we had, but that's only true if you persist on only signing players from the PL and Championship. There is a whole world out there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

That this team would be lacking pace was as obvious as that our team last season lacked a midfield. And the result for it is exactly as expected.

This is why a lot of us was critical of the transfer strategy of signing a lot of elderly slow players with their best time behind them.

It can't have come to a surprise to Bruce or anyone else that this is and issue and I've no doubt it's a issue he was fine with.

Guess you can argue it's all we could afford with the money we had, but that's only true if you persist on only signing players from the PL and Championship. There is a whole world out there.

We do lack out and out pace but the thing we lack more than anything is pace to our game. Desire from midfielders and defenders to get forward that’s why we look so slow. Our movement off the ball is awful. V Burton we’d looked lightening because we passed the balloon and moved to get it back and score down some cracking goals. We can do it but it seems we are drilled not to. Told to keep in shape don’t over commit. Look at how many times Millwall broke in numbers against us. How Brentford ripped us apart. These aren’t pacey teams. We’ve got the players to be playing a lot better football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â