Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

lol wow

Let's see what the season brings

Yer what? Traore and Gestede played for us once did they not? But, I do think Middlesborough are going to be up for it, they haven't been that long out of this league. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yer what? Traore and Gestede played for us once did they not? But, I do think Middlesborough are going to be up for it, they haven't been that long out of this league. 

I hope that you are right and we have the attacking force to take us back to where we belong. 

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

Yes - I do believe they are.

I genuinely think that if we have a proper attacking mid and a target man then we are in a better offensive state than they are. 

I just don't think that Gabby, Kodjia & Hogan can score 70+ next season.

But if they can then happy days.

It says a lot about Traore that in 27 appearances for Boro his only contribution was an assist, which was a scuffed shot heading for the corner flag before a team mate got to it and tapped it in.

That Gil goal was a happy accident.

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I genuinely think that if we have a proper attacking mid and a target man then we are in a better offensive state than they are. 

To be fair, I don't disagree with this bit at all.  We need the likes of Lansbury, Hourihane and Grealish to be getting 7 or 8 each as well.

• Like 4

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

To be fair, I don't disagree with this bit at all.  We need the likes of Lansbury, Hourihane and Grealish to be getting 7 or 8 each as well.

Well i'm worried about Hourihane he just looks a shadow of the player he was at Barnsley. lansbury could get 7 and 8 easily.

Grealish.. special on his day but he just doesn't know how to play to his strengths consistently. 

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Well, i would like to see a target man too....the attacking Mids we have Lansbury and Hourihane with Green and Adomoah taking up the wider roles.

what is a proper attacking mid......one better than them?

who is to say Davis and RHM could'nt surprise us......who is to say Jake Doyle hayes, could surprise us.

We are in a good position to cause other teams problems.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gestede will get goals at this level. was our 3rd top scorer last season and made less than 10 starts

With how many?......so who would give a player 10 starts being 3rd top scorer, not sure of the relevance.....unless his goals was unconvincing.

9 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Well i'm worried about Hourihane he just looks a shadow of the player he was at Barnsley. lansbury could get 7 and 8 easily.

Grealish.. special on his day but he just doesn't know how to play to his strengths consistently. 

Teams that play a single striker need the wide men to score, and midfield too.  Can't see Green scoring many, and even if Kodjia is one of the other wide men I agree that the midfield looks short of goals.

Will Gabby be playing wide left to cut inside?  Can he find some form after all this time?

I think the Boro players you've listed largely flatter to deceive, apart from Britt.  We could do with another player with goals in them though. Or a reconciliation with McCormack.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gestede will get goals at this level. was our 3rd top scorer last season and made less than 10 starts

He's had 1 good year in his whole career. He's a dreadful striker and won't score many at all

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Well, i would like to see a target man too....the attacking Mids we have Lansbury and Hourihane with Green and Adomoah taking up the wider roles.

what is a proper attacking mid......one better than them?

who is to say Davis and RHM could'nt surprise us......who is to say Jake Doyle hayes, could surprise us.

We are in a good position to cause other teams problems.

What i mean by an proper attacking midfielder is someone that can do the following;

Break fast and able to find a player in a counter attacking situation.

Comfortable enough to find a player whilst teams are sitting back. 

Someone who is confident in scoring. 

Basically an attacking midfielder that is confident enough to attack.

Like Jota or Lawerence. 

Grealish should be that player but he isn't.

The youngsters could impress but we will have to see. 

What i mean by an proper attacking midfielder is someone that can do the following;

Break fast and able to find a player in a counter attacking situation.

Comfortable enough to find a player whilst teams are sitting back. 

Someone who is confident in scoring. 

Basically an attacking midfielder that is confident enough to attack.

Like Jota or Lawerence. 

Grealish should be that player but he isn't.

The youngsters could impress but we will have to see. 

We have had lots of "should be that player"..... but they are not.

thats why we keep buying and selling.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have had lots of "should be that player"..... but they are not.

thats why we keep buying and selling.

I tell you what though. i wouldn't mind seeing that O'Hare kid he could surprise a few this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

We don't have the best attack in the league. We are struggling to score more than one goal in a game and we have not even strengthened our attacking department.

They have Assombalonga, Gestede, Bamford, Adama, Braithwaite, Ashley Fletcher, Gaston Ramirez

We have Gabby, Grealish,Kodjia & Hogan & Adomoah ( Sold to us) 

Our defence is stronger but we need goals.

I'll give you Assombalonga - good player, but wouldn't take any of the others over our lot.  Ramirez is the best of that bunch and he wants out. 

Bamford had a decent season there, 3 years ago and has scored 0 goals in less than 20 appearances since (talk of him going too). Fletcher has got 5 goals in his professional career. Braithwaite's record is 'ok' in France, nothing spectacular. Gestede is a good option at this level, but he's had a rough few years since leaving Blackburn ;)

Yes Adama could be amazing if he learned how to play actual professional football, with positions and team mates and stuff, rather than the real life Fifa he thinks he's playing. Not going to happen. 

Add Green and Elmo into our pot if you're including widemen too. We are much stronger imo. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

We have a lot to do offensively, but having rewatched yesterday's game, I can see how we can - we look solid and are looking to create. I think it will click, I think we will score at least 50% more goals this season, and concede fewer too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wazzap24 said:

I'll give you Assombalonga - good player, but wouldn't take any of the others over our lot.  Ramirez is the best of that bunch and he wants out. 

Bamford had a decent season there, 3 years ago and has scored 0 goals in less than 20 appearances since (talk of him going too). Fletcher has got 5 goals in his professional career. Braithwaite's record is 'ok' in France, nothing spectacular. Gestede is a good option at this level, but he's had a rough few years since leaving Blackburn ;)

Yes Adama could be amazing if he leanered how to play actual professional football, with positions and team mates and stuff, rather than the real life Fifa he thinks he's playing. Not going to happen. 

Add Green and Elmo into our pot if you're including widemen too. We are much stronger imo. 

You've made some very good points.

I cannot argue with those to be fair. 

I would be more confident with one more attacking player. 

• Like 1

I tell you what though. i wouldn't mind seeing that O'Hare kid he could surprise a few this season. 

I have been particularly disappointed in recent times with what we have produced from the academy......but i think SB is changing that and i am looking forward to seeing one make it soon.

Â